Is this a fraudulent email saying icloud photos will be shut down?

Noreply@email.apple.com says icloud photo will be shut down on July 26. Is this a fake email?

if apple shuts it down I’ll cancel my extra icloud storage and start looking at dumping all my apple products.

Anyone else get this email? I wouldn’t recommend clicking on any links in the email until I know for sure its legit.

Posted on May 27, 2023 11:17 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 28, 2023 3:05 AM

There is also a knowledge base article by Apple Support stating the same, see this link:

Information about the My Photo Stream shutdown - Apple Support https://support.apple.com/kb/HT210705 This document is clearly hosted in the apple domain support.apple.com .

3 replies

May 28, 2023 3:07 AM in response to Bicyclesnowplow

Yes, it is possible that this is a fraudulent email. If you're unsure whether an email is legitimate, you should avoid clicking on any links or downloading any attachments. Instead, try to verify the information through official channels, such as by contacting Apple support directly or by logging into your iCloud account to check for any notifications. It's always better to err on the side of caution when it comes to your personal information and online security.

Is this a fraudulent email saying icloud photos will be shut down?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.