You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Received an email that my Apple photo stream will be shut down. What does this mean? Is this legit?

I received an email stating that my Apple photo stream would be shut down on July 26th. What does this mean? Is this a legit email?

iPhone 13

Posted on May 28, 2023 6:08 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on May 28, 2023 6:35 AM

It sounds like you might possibly still be using My Photo Stream vice the newer iCloud Photos system.

Of course, scammers almost ALWAYS capitalize on the confusion surrounding these sorts of announcements to “ply their trade” so BEWARE.

You might not even be using My Photo Stream (i.e. you’re already on iCloud Photos)

See this for more info:

Information about the My Photo Stream shutdown – Apple Support (AU)

5 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

May 28, 2023 6:35 AM in response to Lizzylewtoo

It sounds like you might possibly still be using My Photo Stream vice the newer iCloud Photos system.

Of course, scammers almost ALWAYS capitalize on the confusion surrounding these sorts of announcements to “ply their trade” so BEWARE.

You might not even be using My Photo Stream (i.e. you’re already on iCloud Photos)

See this for more info:

Information about the My Photo Stream shutdown – Apple Support (AU)

Received an email that my Apple photo stream will be shut down. What does this mean? Is this legit?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.