Apple Watch ultra input keyboard language

I am facing the following problem. I just purchased the Apple Watch Ultra, when answering a message from the watch, you can answer in Russian using voice dictation only, there is no possibility to select a Russian or Ukrainian keyboard for writing text, the watch itself is in Russian, I tried to change the keyboard language in the Apple Watch application settings - it did not help, Keyboard in Russian/Ukrainian is not available. Are there any additional settings? Please help, thanks in advance!

Apple Watch Ultra, watchOS 9

Posted on May 28, 2023 8:19 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 28, 2023 8:37 AM

You are not missing any setting. Currently Russian language is not supported in the keyboard on Apple Watch. The languages, which are supported in WatchOS 9 are the following:

With watchOS 9, Apple Watch Series 7 will support the following languages when using the QWERTY keyboard:

• French,
  • German,
  • Italian,
  • Japanese,
  • Portuguese (Brazil),
  • Spanish (Mexico, Spain, Latin America) speakers

Apple continues to add languages each year, but which languages get added, we would have no input or knowledge of as this is a user to user only forum and we don't work for Apple.

Feel free to let Apple know you'd like your language supported by providing feedback to them here --> Feedback - Watch - Apple

Apple will not respond to your request, but they will at least read it.

9 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 28, 2023 8:37 AM in response to AlexBaybak

You are not missing any setting. Currently Russian language is not supported in the keyboard on Apple Watch. The languages, which are supported in WatchOS 9 are the following:

With watchOS 9, Apple Watch Series 7 will support the following languages when using the QWERTY keyboard:

• French,
  • German,
  • Italian,
  • Japanese,
  • Portuguese (Brazil),
  • Spanish (Mexico, Spain, Latin America) speakers

Apple continues to add languages each year, but which languages get added, we would have no input or knowledge of as this is a user to user only forum and we don't work for Apple.

Feel free to let Apple know you'd like your language supported by providing feedback to them here --> Feedback - Watch - Apple

Apple will not respond to your request, but they will at least read it.

May 31, 2023 5:04 AM in response to AlexBaybak

I don't know where that picture came from, but I do follow keyboard issues pretty closely. As far as I know, the finally released version of WatchOS 8 had only English and WatchOS 9 last fall added French, German, Italian, Japanese, Portuguese, and Spanish. Since then it seems Chinese was added at some point. Perhaps Russian will appear in WatchOS 10 this fall.

May 28, 2023 3:42 PM in response to AlexBaybak

I don't believe Russian Language has ever been supported in Apple Watch Keyboard. Ever. Apple didn't just summarily remove it. The keyboard for Apple Watch didn't come until Apple Watch 7. When it did arrive, it had fewer language options than it does today. Apple keeps adding languages. Whether Russian language will ever be added, is something we would have no knowledge of.

May 31, 2023 7:15 AM in response to AlexBaybak

I can find nothing which supports Russian language has EVER been supported on Apple Watch. Whether it may have been or may not have been is immaterial. It simply isn't supported now. And this is a user to user only forum. We don't work for Apple, nor have any input into WatchOS or the languages it supports.

As you've already sent feedback to Apple via the link I provided above, there is really nothing else anyone on this forum can do to help you.

Apple Watch ultra input keyboard language

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.