Syncing up Text Messages

We have an IPad 10th Gen. 16.3.1 & a IPhone 14 16.31 -that I cannot sync up the Text messages. Tried everything listed so far. Can anyone assist? TIA

iPhone 14

Posted on May 28, 2023 10:31 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 28, 2023 5:52 PM

If you have both an iPhone and iPad, ensure that both iPad and iPhone are signed-in to iCloud with the same AppleID. To send SMS/MMS messages (green bubbles) from your iPad, you must explicitly enable Text Message Forwarding for your iPad on your iPhone...

On your iPhone:

Settings > Messages > Text Message Forwarding - set to ON - and explicitly enable your iPad from the list of devices.

Also ensure that Messages in iCloud is enabled on both your iPhone and iPad:

Settings > [Your Name / AppleID] > Messages - set to ON

Be aware that iOS/iPadOS 16.5 is current. This update includes essential security and functional updates for both your iPhone and iPad.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 28, 2023 5:52 PM in response to karentarpon

If you have both an iPhone and iPad, ensure that both iPad and iPhone are signed-in to iCloud with the same AppleID. To send SMS/MMS messages (green bubbles) from your iPad, you must explicitly enable Text Message Forwarding for your iPad on your iPhone...

On your iPhone:

Settings > Messages > Text Message Forwarding - set to ON - and explicitly enable your iPad from the list of devices.

Also ensure that Messages in iCloud is enabled on both your iPhone and iPad:

Settings > [Your Name / AppleID] > Messages - set to ON

Be aware that iOS/iPadOS 16.5 is current. This update includes essential security and functional updates for both your iPhone and iPad.

Jun 3, 2023 6:33 AM in response to LotusPilot

Thank you for the reply. I have verified that Text messaging forwarding is on & that messages is enable on both the iPad & iPhone. I compared the iPad in question against mine (which works) the only thing that I can see is different

in Messages to & reply from & Start new conversation from—-Mine (which works) lists my phone #, my id@gmail.com, my id @icloud.com, my id @me.com. The iPad (that doesn’t sync with his iPhone) does not have the id@icloud.com or id@me.com. Is this the problem? If so, how can we edit his to be the same? Thank you.

Syncing up Text Messages

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.