Mac Mini to Apple led cinema display

I have a Mac Mini on order and also an older Apple led cinema display with this spec: Nvidia GeForce GT 120 512 MB graphics.

The output cord on the display looks like this, it has one USB, one display output, and one other connector that I have no idea what it is.

What adapter can I buy to allow the Mac Mini to display on the Apple LED display?

I hope I can get display to work with new Mac Mini.

Posted on May 28, 2023 12:54 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 28, 2023 4:29 PM

BDAqua – If the cable on the LED Cinema Display is proprietary or non-detachable, I think what the OP might need is a USB-C to female Mini DisplayPort adapter (like the one to which den_thed linked).

Thomas Sullivan 2 – MacTracker indicates that the LED Cinema Display cable has a MagSafe connector – and that the MacBook Pro (Retina, 13-inch, Early 2015) has a MagSafe 2 connector. It sounds like you need this $10 Apple adapter if you want to use the LED Cinema Display to charge that MBP.

MagSafe to MagSafe 2 Converter - Apple

7 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 28, 2023 4:29 PM in response to Thomas Sullivan2

BDAqua – If the cable on the LED Cinema Display is proprietary or non-detachable, I think what the OP might need is a USB-C to female Mini DisplayPort adapter (like the one to which den_thed linked).

Thomas Sullivan 2 – MacTracker indicates that the LED Cinema Display cable has a MagSafe connector – and that the MacBook Pro (Retina, 13-inch, Early 2015) has a MagSafe 2 connector. It sounds like you need this $10 Apple adapter if you want to use the LED Cinema Display to charge that MBP.

MagSafe to MagSafe 2 Converter - Apple

Mac Mini to Apple led cinema display

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.