You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple ID, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Won’t connect to projector

iPad Air

Lightning to hdmi adapter will not connect to Epson pro projector ~no picture, makes loud crackling sound only. I’ve been using it without issues for a year. Three weeks ago this began and I can’t use it now. It works fine connecting to another projector or to a TV with HDMI. Apple ran diagnostic and Best Buy no flags. I checked to make sure projector was on hdmi input. It’s a mystery!

iPad Air (5th generation)

Posted on May 28, 2023 4:52 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on May 29, 2023 8:18 AM

See if the following troubleshooting steps can resolve this issue:

1. Ensure the Lightning to HDMI adapter is securely connected to both the iPad Air and the HDMI cable. Sometimes a loose connection can cause problems.

2. Try using a different HDMI cable to connect the adapter to the projector. The cable may be faulty or incompatible with the projector.

3. Update your iPad Air to the latest version of iPadOS. Software updates often include bug fixes and improvements that can address compatibility issues.

4. Reset the settings on your iPad Air. Go to "Settings" > "General" > "Reset" > "Reset All Settings." Note that this will not delete any data but will reset all settings to their default values.

5. Restart both your iPad Air and the Epson Pro projector. Sometimes a simple restart can resolve connectivity issues.

6. Check if there are any firmware updates available for your Epson Pro projector. Updating the projector's firmware may improve its compatibility with the Lightning to HDMI adapter.

7. If possible, try connecting another device (such as a different iPad or a different brand of smartphone) to the Epson Pro projector using the same adapter and cable. This will help determine if the issue is specific to your iPad Air or the adapter itself.

8. Since you already contacted Apple Support, consider getting back to them and provide them with the details of your troubleshooting steps. They may be able to offer further assistance or suggest any known issues with your specific setup.

If none of these steps resolve the issue, it's possible that there may be a compatibility problem between the Lightning to HDMI adapter and the Epson Pro projector. In that case, you may need to consider alternative ways to connect your iPad Air to the projector, such as using wireless screen mirroring options or exploring other adapter solutions.

Similar questions

2 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

May 29, 2023 8:18 AM in response to Kkjacktx

See if the following troubleshooting steps can resolve this issue:

1. Ensure the Lightning to HDMI adapter is securely connected to both the iPad Air and the HDMI cable. Sometimes a loose connection can cause problems.

2. Try using a different HDMI cable to connect the adapter to the projector. The cable may be faulty or incompatible with the projector.

3. Update your iPad Air to the latest version of iPadOS. Software updates often include bug fixes and improvements that can address compatibility issues.

4. Reset the settings on your iPad Air. Go to "Settings" > "General" > "Reset" > "Reset All Settings." Note that this will not delete any data but will reset all settings to their default values.

5. Restart both your iPad Air and the Epson Pro projector. Sometimes a simple restart can resolve connectivity issues.

6. Check if there are any firmware updates available for your Epson Pro projector. Updating the projector's firmware may improve its compatibility with the Lightning to HDMI adapter.

7. If possible, try connecting another device (such as a different iPad or a different brand of smartphone) to the Epson Pro projector using the same adapter and cable. This will help determine if the issue is specific to your iPad Air or the adapter itself.

8. Since you already contacted Apple Support, consider getting back to them and provide them with the details of your troubleshooting steps. They may be able to offer further assistance or suggest any known issues with your specific setup.

If none of these steps resolve the issue, it's possible that there may be a compatibility problem between the Lightning to HDMI adapter and the Epson Pro projector. In that case, you may need to consider alternative ways to connect your iPad Air to the projector, such as using wireless screen mirroring options or exploring other adapter solutions.

May 29, 2023 8:54 AM in response to Kkjacktx

Thanks! I have tried other HDMI's and even bought a new adapter. Software is updated. I just reset the ipad. But I won't be able to try resetting the projector until I return there next week. But I appreciate all the suggestions. I am hoping this will work. I haven't been able to find any mirroring capabilities with the projector. That is what I was hoping to be able to do for more freedom to move about the room for teaching purposes. No wifi available either. I have been able to connect my ipad to another projector and TV without problems but that doesn't help me where I am needing to use it. I can only use the Epson projector in the facility. Hopefully your suggestions work!

Won’t connect to projector

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.