You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to update my version of Mac OS 11.2.3 to 12.3

Good evening,

I need to update my version of Mac OS to host a software that uses only this version,

how do I do that?

could you help me in order to fix this issue?

Thank you best regard

MacBook Air 13″, macOS 11.2

Posted on May 28, 2023 4:50 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on May 28, 2023 5:21 PM

Is your Mac even compatible with macOS 12.x Monterey?

macOS Monterey is compatible with these computers - Apple Support

If so, then download the macOS 12.x installer from the App Store using this link within this Apple article, then run the installer & follow the instructions:

How to download macOS - Apple Support

Make sure to have a good backup before attempting to upgrade macOS assuming your Mac is compatible.

2 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

May 28, 2023 5:21 PM in response to jepetto80

Is your Mac even compatible with macOS 12.x Monterey?

macOS Monterey is compatible with these computers - Apple Support

If so, then download the macOS 12.x installer from the App Store using this link within this Apple article, then run the installer & follow the instructions:

How to download macOS - Apple Support

Make sure to have a good backup before attempting to upgrade macOS assuming your Mac is compatible.

May 29, 2023 3:50 AM in response to jepetto80

To add to the previous advise

The Only Full Version of macOS 12 Monterey that is offered from Apple via the Download Page Link is going be the latest Version which should be Version 12.6.6 and Not 12.3

Also suggest updating the currently Installed Big Sur 11.2.3 to the current 11.7.7 Before attempting the jump to Monterey

The eventual upGrade to Monterey will probable work better with Big Sur being Fully Up To Date

What's new in the updates for macOS Big Sur - Apple Support (CA)

How to update my version of Mac OS 11.2.3 to 12.3

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.