Battery fluctuates

So sometimes when im using my phone

during the batt Percent of 50-35 battery drains super fast

even when my screen is of sometimes the draining are like it goes 35% to 20 in 10 mins in the downtime

and in settings the battery health direct appears Also the Stevie notice arrived

experts please advise

thank you

iPhone X, iOS 16

Posted on May 28, 2023 5:15 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 28, 2023 5:20 PM

What is your battery health% ? Settings > Battery > Battery Health & Charging

Being an iPhone X, it is probably about time for a battery replacement. You can expect 5 -7 years depending on usage and sometimes more, with the X released in 2017, you are looking at about 6 years.

5 replies

May 28, 2023 5:34 PM in response to aamifty_69

Take the phone to an authorized Apple Service shop to see if they are willing to help.

Find Locations

Unfortunately, an authorized shop will may likely refuse to work on the phone because of tampering by unauthorized "techs".

It won't hurt to try though. An authorized shop is the only source for a genuine Apple battery that will display Battery Health correctly.

May 28, 2023 5:35 PM in response to aamifty_69

aamifty_69 Said:

"Battery fluctuates: So sometimes when im using my phone during the batt Percent of 50-35 battery drains super fast [...]"

-------

Fluctuating Battery:

Battery Health Fluctuation:

As for the Battery Health percentage, even that can increase (fluctuate). This is because the Battery Health percentage is all just a guess on Apple's part.

Battery fluctuates

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.