Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Screensaver doesn’t work with Apple Music

Screensaver on my Apple TV doesn’t kick in when playing music on Apple Music. The setting is on and it works for podcasts . Feels like a bug but it’s been there for years now. Anyone got a solve? Anyone in Apple want to fix it?

Posted on May 28, 2023 5:02 PM

Similar questions

3 replies

Aug 11, 2023 11:27 AM in response to Grush66

The difference seems to be if the Queue list button is active or not, in the Now Playing screen, i.e. if it shows previous and upcoming tracks.

Button off: screen saver will not activate automatically.

Button on: screen saver will activate automatically after the set waiting time.

Now Playing: Control music playback on Apple TV - Apple Support

Aug 10, 2023 3:20 PM in response to Grush66

This is one of the weirder bugs. I have been heavily using Music on my 4K ATV for many years. On most software releases this bug (not activating the sreensaver even if correctly configured) has been there, going back years. I had a short period in the early tvOS 16.X versions where the screensaver worked as it is meant to, now the bug is back on my current 16.6 version. It somewhat beggars belief that this is so difficult to get under control, given it gets reported pretty much monthly by somebody.

I now have the cover box, and more strongly the place where the song name and artist is displayed in white, burned into my OLED screen.

As an aside, I have had a similar experience with the ‘volume control via another device’ feature. It used to broken for a long time, then worked for a while, and it is now broken again.

Screensaver doesn’t work with Apple Music

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.