📢 Newsroom Update

Apple Intelligence comes to iPhone, iPad, and Mac starting next month. Learn more >

📢 Newsroom Update

Apple introduces iPhone 16 and iPhone 16 Plus. Learn more >

📢 Newsroom Update

Apple debuts iPhone 16 Pro and iPhone 16 Pro Max. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone 13 screen flickering/blinking after viewing HDR content (Video & Photo)

My iPhone 13 screen flickering/blinking after viewing HDR content and Instagram Reels too. I have upgraded to iOS 16.5.

Does anyone know why this could be and what I could do to fix it?

iPhone 13, iOS 16

Posted on May 28, 2023 8:12 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jun 8, 2024 10:56 PM

For me too. I am using iPhone 13 and I think this issue is for many people or it is normal. Maybe a software issue or that is how OLED screen works with PWM in iphones.

7 replies

May 28, 2023 8:32 PM in response to fiqriamanda

fiqriamanda Said:

"iPhone 13 screen flickering/blinking after viewing HDR content (Video & Photo): My iPhone 13 screen flickering/blinking after viewing HDR content and Instagram Reels too. I have upgraded to iOS 16.5. Does anyone know why this could be and what I could do to fix it?"

-------

Troubleshooting a Flickering iPhone After an Update:

A. Report this as a Bug to Apple:

Do your Part: Provide Apple with feedback on this, letting them know about this issue.  Apple may not get back to you directly, but the more feedback they receive on this, the more they will know what is occurring, and what bug fixes to include in updates to come.

1. Go Here: Feedback - iPhone - Apple
  2. Select: "Bug Report" for the "Feedback Type"
  3. Comment: that this all began after installing an update. Include the URL of this thread
  4. Proceed from there as necessary

B. Set this Up Anew:

If you are so concerned, then reset your iPhone, as if you were to sell it. Perform as interacted here, including the backup: What to do Before you Sell, Give Away, or Trade in your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

Jul 4, 2023 3:55 PM in response to Jwjwjwjjwjwjwjwj

Jwjwjwjjwjwjwjwj Aaid:

[…]If I drop 1200 bucks on something it better work perfectly, and if you’re not going to replace a defective item watch how fast I switch to Samsung.

———-

Fine by me!

No one here works for Apple. These are just user-to-user forums. We’re all everyday Apple users like yourself. No one here has any say in Apple’s ultimate decisions.

Jul 5, 2023 6:58 PM in response to Jwjwjwjjwjwjwjwj

is It working fine now? The new phone? Because they’re trying to bs me about screen replacement and it’s not even been a month since I got this phone. No way I’m getting it opened. I paid for a new phone and I’ll be replacing it no repairs or parts replacement.

iPhone 13 screen flickering/blinking after viewing HDR content (Video & Photo)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.