Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone audio messages cannot be heard

so my friend sent me audio message but it won’t let me listen too it.It says “audio.message caf” and i can’t listen to it at all and same thing with pictures she sends me i can’t see it, it like shows a blue line goin up & down. what’s wrong with my phone? how do i fix it?

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

Posted on May 28, 2023 8:44 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 29, 2023 8:18 AM

it still doesn’t work even if they send it again

6 replies

May 28, 2023 9:37 PM in response to danyyy_

danyyy_ Said:

"Audio messages & Messages: so my friend sent me audio message but it won’t let me listen too it.It says “audio.message caf” and i can’t listen to it at all and same thing with pictures she sends me i can’t see it, it like shows a blue line goin up & down. what’s wrong with my phone? how do i fix it?"

-------

Please Provide a Screenshot of this Error Message:

Can your provide a screenshot? That may help you get the answer to need. Go Here: Take a Screenshot on your iPhone - Apple Support. Important: Blank out personal info from the photo, through use of the Photos app.

May 29, 2023 1:47 PM in response to danyyy_

danyyy_ Said:

"Audio messages & Messages: it still doesn’t work even if they send it again"

-------

Are they an Android user? If so, report this to Apple...

Troubleshooting Messenger App:

This is a well-known issue. Something Apple likely is working on. The messaging issue is typically occurring between an iPhone and an Android device. iOS and Android are two, completely separate platforms.

So, Report this as a Bug to Apple:

Do your Part: Provide Apple with feedback on this, letting them know about this issue.  Apple may not get back to you directly, but the more feedback they receive on this, the more they will know what is occurring, and what bug fixes to include in updates to come.

1. Go Here: Feedback - iPhone - Apple
  2. Select: "Bug Report" for the "Feedback Type"
  3. Comment: on when this issue began, and how you have troubleshot it, thus far. Include the URL of this post
  4. Proceed from there as necessary

May 29, 2023 7:52 AM in response to danyyy_

danyyy_ Said:

"Audio messages & Messages: so my friend sent me audio message but it won’t let me listen too it.It says “audio.message caf” and i can’t listen to it at all and same thing with pictures she sends me i can’t see it, it like shows a blue line goin up & down. what’s wrong with my phone? how do i fix it?"

-------

Thank you for the screenshot.

File Size:

172 KB*** in size is questionable for an audio file. I’d expect it to be somewhere in the MBs. —not KBs. So, ask the to sent it to you again. Also, see if they can send it as an attachment, and if you get any issue opening it that way.

***Screenshot:

iPhone audio messages cannot be heard

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.