Apple News

Does one get the full content like as a subscriber would for The Wall Street Journal on Apple news?

iPad Pro, 16

Posted on May 29, 2023 12:22 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 29, 2023 7:45 AM

If you subscribe to Apple News but do NOT have a separate, paid subscription to the WSJ, the content you see from the WSJ will be limited. The same is true for some other news sources … for example the Washington Post.

4 replies

Jun 3, 2024 11:51 AM in response to Carol B.

Hi Carol, While this is useful to know this somewhat diminishes the use of Apple News. When I am trying to understand a viewpoint I am often wanting to search various sources from all sides of a discussion. I wanted Apple News because I thought the sources were broad. However my experience has been that only select stories are available, I am not in control of the types of information I am seeking (ie discussion about a specified subject matter from a variety of sources) and when I search for articles that I know are published by a source listed on Apple News I often cannot find the specific article (I can find it with Google Search but not within the Apple News App). Additionally, when a banner comes up from Apple News that I am interested in, I have a great deal of difficulty finding it through the Apple News App (you would think that recent banners would be one of your tabs under Apple News index vs having to remember the article title and then search in Apple News search bar). Your explanation helps me understand but makes me frustrated because I am paying a significant fee to Apple for a service that I thought was broad and full spectrum but I am not getting the full source reference, only a selected version. This point was not clear in the marketing for Apple News and should be (or should be part of the notice on each news feed reference) so that people don't think they are getting the full version. I realize that this area is fraught with content and origination issues and AI is making this even more complicated but I think Apple should be transparent about what an Apple News subscriber is getting for their subscription.

Apple News

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.