Why does Screen Saver on Ventura change the orientation of some photos?

On my 27inch 2019 Intel iMac running Ventura 13.3.1 (a), I set up a screen saver which shows the photos from one of my albums on Apple Photos. It mostly works, but just sometimes, a photo appears on its side or upside down! Looking at the original album, all the photo orientations are correct. Is there any way to correct this?

iMac (2017 – 2020)

Posted on May 29, 2023 6:43 AM

Similar questions

5 replies

May 30, 2023 7:05 AM in response to Living Fossil

The screensaver is currently showing the unmodified originals, not the edited versions. I suspect, you have taken the photo in portrait orientation and have rotated it in Photos, but the screensaver is currently ignoring all edits. To fix this, you would have to export the photo with the rotation applied, then reimport it and use the reimported photo for your screensaver.

This bug (or unfortunate feature) has been around since macOS 11 Bug Sur. I hope, it will be fixed soon.

To use my photos in in the screensaver as I have adjusted them I am currently exporting them to a folder on the Desktop and using this folder as the source of the screensaver.

Why does Screen Saver on Ventura change the orientation of some photos?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.