My Phone is not backing up even though I have enough storage

My Phone is not backing up even though I have enough storage. Please help to assist on how I can resolve this issue

Posted on May 29, 2023 12:35 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 29, 2023 12:46 PM

Is your iPhone not backing up to iCloud? Is the storage, that you refer to, on your iPhone or on iCloud?

——-

How much free storage space do you have on your iPhone? To find out, open Settings ➡️ General ➡️ About ➡️ Available: Here, you will see the available free storage space on your iPhone.

How much free storage space do you have on iCloud for backups? To find out, open Settings ➡️ Apple ID (Your Name at Top) ➡️ iCloud: Here, you will see how much space has been used on iCloud and how much is available.

Axel F.

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 29, 2023 12:46 PM in response to sherene32

Is your iPhone not backing up to iCloud? Is the storage, that you refer to, on your iPhone or on iCloud?

——-

How much free storage space do you have on your iPhone? To find out, open Settings ➡️ General ➡️ About ➡️ Available: Here, you will see the available free storage space on your iPhone.

How much free storage space do you have on iCloud for backups? To find out, open Settings ➡️ Apple ID (Your Name at Top) ➡️ iCloud: Here, you will see how much space has been used on iCloud and how much is available.

Axel F.

May 29, 2023 12:46 PM in response to sherene32

“Backing up” … to where? iCloud? A computer?

If the answer is iCloud, then you need a strong Wi-Fi connection (no VPN, no Hotspot, no anti-virus), and a well charged iPhone staying in a quiet state for some time. And presumably you have chosen “Back Up Now” or have left the iPhone stay overnight attempting this backup.

My Phone is not backing up even though I have enough storage

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.