App store

My account has been disabled i can’t download applications in appstore

iPhone 8 Plus, iOS 16

Posted on May 29, 2023 6:06 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 29, 2023 6:10 PM

This is a user to user only forum, so you'll need to contact Apple Support for directly help.

Embedded in this link is a link to reach out to Apple directly --> If a message says "Your account has been disabled in the App Store and iTunes" – Apple Support (AU)

9 replies

May 29, 2023 6:12 PM in response to iph272

iph272 Said:

"App store: My account has been disabled i can’t download applications in appstore"

-------

Troubleshooting a Locked iPhone:

Your iPhone is locked. So, get this serviced.

Hold it Right There!

Being Locked Out...

Enter the passcode incorrectly too many times, and you'd likely be locked out for good. So, hold it right there, and refer to this link: If you Forgot the Passcode on your iPhone, or your iPhone is Disabled - Apple Support. It would be the one you've always entered. If you do not know it, then look for it in a location you may have stored it in.

No Success?

Contact Apple support:

If you cannot get the above link to work, then contact Apple Support.

Apple Contact Info:

• Contact Us - Choose Locations
  • Proceed from there, as necessary
  • Why the Wait: Phone calls are taking a bit to go through at the moment, due to lots of calls. With the Coronavirus Pandemic, many are at home at the moment, with much time on their hands to contact Apple. So, just stay on the line, and you will get through.

May 30, 2023 1:07 AM in response to lobsterghost1

lobsterghost1 Said:

"I'm not contempt at all. But when you send a user down a path they don't need for a problem they don't have, it just doesn't seem to offer the level of support I'd expect a Level 10 member to offer."

-------

Thank you for clarifying....

We all make mistakes. No one is perfect on these forums. It's a copy & paste error of the word "Locked".

Level 10 means you have a good reputation, and are experienced, and have knowledge, IMO. I never second-guess people on these forums. And aren't provocative, nor make comebacks, for gang up on others, nor am I sarcastic. But, maybe I should a little more strict on my replies(but I don't do that, and respectful behavior and professionalism is what else represents someone a level 10 user, IMO). So, my intended reply...

------

Troubleshooting a Locked Account:

Your account is locked. So, get it unlocked...

Contact Apple Support:

Visit this Link: If your Apple ID is Locked or Disabled - Apple Support

Why Accounts Become Locked:

When your iTunes Account has been disabled, and that often happens due to suspicious activity --- Perhaps nothing on your part. They disable it for no more than Security & Privacy concerns.

Possible Reasons Could Include: 

• Too many unsuccessful login attempts
  • VPN (Virtual Private Network) usage
  • Consistent transactions
  • Session Times Out
  • Disobeying Terms & Conditions

So...

To Re-Enable it:

As you might suspect, no one here would know the reason for this occurrence, of course. So, contact Apple Support. They’ll know why this occurred and will run you right through the fix.

Contact Apple Support:

• Contact Us - Choose Locations
  • Proceed from there as necessary
  • Note: Phone calls are taking a bit to go 
  • through at the moment, due do lots of calls. With the Coronavirus Pandemic, many are at home at the moment, with much time on their hands to contact Apple. So, just stay on the line, and you will get through :)

May 29, 2023 7:11 PM in response to TheLittles

Hello ~ I don’t think there is any contempt here at all. This is what I would have posted as I answer this question quite a bit…

“Go ahead an contact support as this is Apple’s way to let you know that there may be an issue with your account.

If you see a message that says 'Your account has been disabled in the App Store and iTunes'

Contact through link or by going to lower left and click on Support or:

Contact Apple for support and service

This is my standard answer for this issue. Their account is disabled in the App Store and in iTunes you see. The advice given by *lobsterghost1* is indeed correct.

~Katana-San~

May 29, 2023 6:16 PM in response to TheLittles

OK.....where in what the OP wrote did you get they were locked out of their iPhone. It's pretty clear their account in the App Store has been disabled. There is literally nothing in their first post which suggests they forgot their passcode, nor would I recommend they follow the directions in the link you provided for a forgotten passcode.

iph272: Please use the link I provided and Contact Apple Support.

App store

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.