Does lockdown mode allow make it so anyone who got in my phone would have to enter a password for every app ?

Does lockdown mode allow make it so anyone who got in my phone would have to enter a password for every app ?

iPhone SE, iOS 14

Posted on May 29, 2023 8:02 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 29, 2023 8:09 PM

SJMMARTIN1114 Said:

"Does lockdown mode allow make it so anyone who got in my phone would have to enter a password for every app ?"

-------

No. That is not a feature of Lockdown Mode.

1. Go Here: About Lockdown Mode - Apple Support
  2. Scroll to: How Lockdown Mode protects your device
2 replies

May 29, 2023 8:24 PM in response to SJMMARTIN1114

Lockdown Mode is an extreme protection measure designed to protect devices against highly sophisticated cyber attacks, particularly for those who might be personally targeted due to their profile or profession. Once enabled, it alters the functioning of a device to limit its attack surface by strictly limiting certain apps, websites, and features for enhanced security.

Available in iOS 16, iPadOS 16, and macOS Ventura, this feature affects several aspects of device use such as messages, web browsing, FaceTime, Apple services, shared albums, device connections, and configuration profiles.

Phone calls and plain text messages continue to function normally.

@TheLittles already provided you with a link to the Apple Support article on this topic. If you do a simple web search, you will find dozens of others.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.