Setup Apple Watch celullar while abroad

Hello,

I'm living in Austria and since my Austrian phone number doesnt support the apple watch, i want to activate my Portuguese one which supports (Vodafone) but when i go to the apple watch settings, says "Apple Watch cannot use cellular while roaming internationally" and I can figure how to resolve it.

Apple Watch Series 7

Posted on May 29, 2023 11:10 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 30, 2023 12:34 AM

Watch Cellular option requires the same network provider as for the iphone and usually requires a contract. The provider will offer an extension eSIM plan for the Watch for an additional fee. It is unlikely you will get a Watch eSIM activated for a temporary period but contact the providers for the country you are wanting to use it in

Apple Watch - Carriers - Apple

9 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 30, 2023 12:34 AM in response to henriqueleote

Watch Cellular option requires the same network provider as for the iphone and usually requires a contract. The provider will offer an extension eSIM plan for the Watch for an additional fee. It is unlikely you will get a Watch eSIM activated for a temporary period but contact the providers for the country you are wanting to use it in

Apple Watch - Carriers - Apple

Setup Apple Watch celullar while abroad

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.