Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Battery Draining Fast after updating to 16.5 version

I would like to know and understand why the battery of the iPhone is draining so fast after updating to version 16.5

iPhone 12, iOS 16

Posted on May 30, 2023 2:12 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 30, 2023 2:16 AM

If the issues you mentioned are indeed caused by iOS, it's likely that numerous users who have upgraded to iOS 16.4.1 (a) are experiencing similar problems. However, in order for the community on this forum to provide helpful responses, it would be beneficial for you to specify the nature of the issue you are encountering. Without this information, it may be difficult for others to address your concern effectively.

Protect & Prolong the life of your iPhone's Battery:

1. About the battery usage on your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch ...
  2. Batteries - Maximising Performance - Apple (IN)
  3. iPhone Battery and Performance

With the limited information that you have provided, It is hard to even guess the problems faced by you. 

You may get faster and better responses to your query by --> Writing an effective Apple Support Commun… - Apple ...

Please re-post with detail so that someone else can help.

6 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 30, 2023 2:16 AM in response to pandiyarajanrp

If the issues you mentioned are indeed caused by iOS, it's likely that numerous users who have upgraded to iOS 16.4.1 (a) are experiencing similar problems. However, in order for the community on this forum to provide helpful responses, it would be beneficial for you to specify the nature of the issue you are encountering. Without this information, it may be difficult for others to address your concern effectively.

Protect & Prolong the life of your iPhone's Battery:

1. About the battery usage on your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch ...
  2. Batteries - Maximising Performance - Apple (IN)
  3. iPhone Battery and Performance

With the limited information that you have provided, It is hard to even guess the problems faced by you. 

You may get faster and better responses to your query by --> Writing an effective Apple Support Commun… - Apple ...

Please re-post with detail so that someone else can help.

Jun 18, 2023 6:10 AM in response to pandiyarajanrp

I have the same problem. My phone drains even when the screen is off. and locked. Just as an example, last night, It went from 50% to 17% in 1.5 hours when I wasn’t using it, and no apps were running It’s been going on for a few weeks and started around the update. I’m having to charge multiple times a day, and now my battery health has dropped as a result. I’ve done all the things suggested to minimize battery use, and it has made no difference. I have an SE less than a year old. It seems others have the same problem. I wish Apple would acknowledge there is an issue and say whether a fix is coming.

Jul 31, 2023 7:25 PM in response to pandiyarajanrp

I did have this issue too after updating my iPhone 13 to iOS 16.5 and again when using iOS 16.5.1.

One method which really did worked for me is:

1. Create a backup of the iPhone using iTunes on the computer
  2. Restore the iPhone firmware (also using iTunes)
  3. Allow iTunes to download and reinstall the entire firmware package
  4. Restore backed-up iPhone data from #1 above using iTunes

Hope this helps.

Battery Draining Fast after updating to 16.5 version

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.