Siri

When I’m dictating and iMessage, Siri is skipping peoples names. It pauses for a fraction of a second and then acts as if the name wasn’t even there. So if I were to say “I’ll call when Gary is home” it skips the name. It seems to do this only when messaging. Is anyone else having this problem?

iPhone 12 Pro

Posted on May 30, 2023 8:42 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 30, 2023 8:50 AM

I just tested it on my iPhone 12 Pro iOS 16.5. With the same sentence that you mentioned in the post. It works fine.

Retrain Siri with your voice

Go to Settings > Siri & Search, turn off Listen for “Hey Siri,” then turn on Listen for “Hey Siri” again. To change Siri accessibility settings, see Use accessibility features with Siri on iPhone.

Change Siri settings on iPhone - Apple Support (IN)

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

May 30, 2023 8:50 AM in response to georlen

I just tested it on my iPhone 12 Pro iOS 16.5. With the same sentence that you mentioned in the post. It works fine.

Retrain Siri with your voice

Go to Settings > Siri & Search, turn off Listen for “Hey Siri,” then turn on Listen for “Hey Siri” again. To change Siri accessibility settings, see Use accessibility features with Siri on iPhone.

Change Siri settings on iPhone - Apple Support (IN)

Siri

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.