Create macOS Installer on a Windows 10 machine

I have a Macbook Pro that needs updated to the latest OS installed & is multiple iterations of the OS behind (still new enough for Ventura though). The problem is that the wireless network is very congested and with the speeds it is pulling, it will literally take a week to download the latest version. However, I do have a WIndows 10 PC with a physical connection that can easily pull in the 12ish GB of data for the version of Ventura in WAY less time. Unfortunately I can not seem to find a place to download the DMG of Ventura on my PC. I can easily make the boot drive or even just transfer it to the Mac to install on its own but I desperately need a place to download it faster. Any help is appreciated.

Posted on May 30, 2023 9:06 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 30, 2023 9:13 AM

Gadjira wrote:

I have a Macbook Pro that needs updated to the latest OS installed & is multiple iterations of the OS behind (still new enough for Ventura though). The problem is that the wireless network is very congested and with the speeds it is pulling, it will literally take a week to download the latest version. However, I do have a WIndows 10 PC with a physical connection that can easily pull in the 12ish GB of data for the version of Ventura in WAY less time. Unfortunately I can not seem to find a place to download the DMG of Ventura on my PC. I can easily make the boot drive or even just transfer it to the Mac to install on its own but I desperately need a place to download it faster. Any help is appreciated.

Not that I see...

The installer is packaged as an app.

Get on a faster Network if you are having an issue.

Create a bootable installer for macOS

Similar questions

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 30, 2023 9:13 AM in response to Gadjira

Gadjira wrote:

Not that I see...

The installer is packaged as an app.

Get on a faster Network if you are having an issue.

Create a bootable installer for macOS

May 30, 2023 9:16 AM in response to Gadjira

sorry but, you cannot. you must use a Mac that is compatible with the macOS that you want to download. but I do have three suggestions for you.

first, can you connect the Mac to ethernet? with an adapter if the Mac has no ethernet port?

second, I would try and temporarily disconnect all your other devices from the wi-fi, and move the Mac as close as possible to the router.

and finally, bring the Mac to a location that has a faster internet speed.

May 30, 2023 9:33 AM in response to Gadjira

To perform this action will require booting from a Bootable Installer

The Bootable Installer can Only be performed on an Apple Computer 

The user may read wild claims that a certain Windows Based Application can make a Bootable Installer of macOS.

When confronted to provide Reproducible Evidence - they vanish and never to return

This will have to be performed from a Qualifying Computer to run the version of macOS to be made on the Bootable Installer.

Example : Bootable Installer of Ventura would have to be done on a computer that Qualifies to run Ventura

Notation: If the computer being used to perform this action is Too New or Too Old to qualify to run the version of macOS - this computer can not be used.

Alternative is, to gain access to a Qualifying Apple Computer from a family member, friend or associate.

Should the user successfully manage to make a Bootable Installer of Ventura

Extra Special Notation regarding the Touch ID equipped Apple Computer.

About Startup Security Utility and Must Enable from Recovery Mode the ability to boot from External Drive Before Attempting 

Create macOS Installer on a Windows 10 machine

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.