Why my AirPods stopped working with my iPhone?

Why have my AirPods stopped working with my iPhone?

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

Posted on May 30, 2023 12:59 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 31, 2023 8:01 PM

Your AirPods might stop working with your iPhone due to a variety of reasons including hardware issues, software glitches, Bluetooth connectivity problems, or issues with the AirPods' battery life. Here are a few troubleshooting steps you can take to try to solve the problem:

1. **Check your Bluetooth Connection**: First, make sure that Bluetooth is turned on your iPhone. You can check this by going to Settings > Bluetooth and ensure it is on. If it is on and your AirPods are not connecting, try turning Bluetooth off and then on again.

2. **Check AirPods Battery**: The AirPods might not work if the battery is dead or low. Put them in their charging case for a while, then try again.

3. **Check the Audio Output**: On your iPhone, make sure that the audio output is set to your AirPods. This can be checked by playing any audio or video and then clicking on the audio output icon. Select your AirPods if they aren't already selected.

4. **Reset your AirPods**: If they still aren't working, you might need to reset your AirPods. You can do this by going to Settings > Bluetooth on your iPhone, clicking the "i" icon next to your AirPods, and selecting "Forget This Device." Then, reset your AirPods by holding the button on the back of the case for 15 seconds until the LED light in the case flashes amber. Reconnect your AirPods by opening the lid near your iPhone and following the on-screen instructions.

5. **Update your devices**: Make sure your iPhone and AirPods are updated to the latest version of iOS and firmware.

6. **Check for Physical Damage**: Inspect your AirPods for any signs of physical damage. If there are signs of damage, you might need to contact Apple Support for further assistance.

If none of the above steps work, there could be a hardware issue with your AirPods or iPhone. At this point, it's best to get in touch with Apple Support for professional help. To do so, simply select the "Support" link on the bottom lower left-hand side of this forum's web page.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

May 31, 2023 8:01 PM in response to sabrinamc777

Your AirPods might stop working with your iPhone due to a variety of reasons including hardware issues, software glitches, Bluetooth connectivity problems, or issues with the AirPods' battery life. Here are a few troubleshooting steps you can take to try to solve the problem:

1. **Check your Bluetooth Connection**: First, make sure that Bluetooth is turned on your iPhone. You can check this by going to Settings > Bluetooth and ensure it is on. If it is on and your AirPods are not connecting, try turning Bluetooth off and then on again.

2. **Check AirPods Battery**: The AirPods might not work if the battery is dead or low. Put them in their charging case for a while, then try again.

3. **Check the Audio Output**: On your iPhone, make sure that the audio output is set to your AirPods. This can be checked by playing any audio or video and then clicking on the audio output icon. Select your AirPods if they aren't already selected.

4. **Reset your AirPods**: If they still aren't working, you might need to reset your AirPods. You can do this by going to Settings > Bluetooth on your iPhone, clicking the "i" icon next to your AirPods, and selecting "Forget This Device." Then, reset your AirPods by holding the button on the back of the case for 15 seconds until the LED light in the case flashes amber. Reconnect your AirPods by opening the lid near your iPhone and following the on-screen instructions.

5. **Update your devices**: Make sure your iPhone and AirPods are updated to the latest version of iOS and firmware.

6. **Check for Physical Damage**: Inspect your AirPods for any signs of physical damage. If there are signs of damage, you might need to contact Apple Support for further assistance.

If none of the above steps work, there could be a hardware issue with your AirPods or iPhone. At this point, it's best to get in touch with Apple Support for professional help. To do so, simply select the "Support" link on the bottom lower left-hand side of this forum's web page.

Why my AirPods stopped working with my iPhone?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.