Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Can you have 2 phones with same Apple ID?

can i use my apple id on 2 phones one work & one personal? if so how do i segregate just certain info like email and photos i want to keep contacts on both phones…

iPhone 12 Pro

Posted on May 30, 2023 5:43 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 30, 2023 8:09 PM

Apple doesn't provide an easy way for sharing contacts between accounts. We do it at home using Airdrop (How to use AirDrop on your iPhone or iPad - Apple Support), but that can be laborious if you have many contacts. You can also do it by exporting contacts to a standard file format and then importing (Import or export a vCard in Contacts on iCloud.com - Apple Support), but again laborious. The easy way is to use the same account on both devices, but you would then have to disable iCloud syncing with the things you do not wish to share --> Change which apps sync and store data with iCloud - Apple Support. So you would have to disable iCloud syncing of Photos. However, that means you then have to sync manually to a computer if you want to have those photos on anything other than that particular phone.

Email is relatively easy if you use separate email addresses for work and home and these are third party addresses. Just set up the email addresses that you want ot use on each device.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 30, 2023 8:09 PM in response to Miarox77

Apple doesn't provide an easy way for sharing contacts between accounts. We do it at home using Airdrop (How to use AirDrop on your iPhone or iPad - Apple Support), but that can be laborious if you have many contacts. You can also do it by exporting contacts to a standard file format and then importing (Import or export a vCard in Contacts on iCloud.com - Apple Support), but again laborious. The easy way is to use the same account on both devices, but you would then have to disable iCloud syncing with the things you do not wish to share --> Change which apps sync and store data with iCloud - Apple Support. So you would have to disable iCloud syncing of Photos. However, that means you then have to sync manually to a computer if you want to have those photos on anything other than that particular phone.

Email is relatively easy if you use separate email addresses for work and home and these are third party addresses. Just set up the email addresses that you want ot use on each device.

Can you have 2 phones with same Apple ID?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.