How do I measure distance between two points using Apple Maps (geometric distance, not driving distance)

How do I measure between two dropped pins or between my current location and a dropped pin using Apple Maps on iOS? I want to measure say 20 feet away from my location or from a dropped pin. I would also settle with using the coordinates of those two locations to measure the distance between them.

iPhone 13 Pro Max, iOS 16

Posted on May 30, 2023 7:13 PM

5 replies

Jun 1, 2023 12:10 PM in response to ShinehahGnolaum

ShinehahGnolaum wrote: "Ok. Very good. thank you. To confirm, this Shortcut measures the distance in a straight line, right? Not the distance to travel there by driving or walking along a path?"

You're welcome. I assume so — because the other options for Route Type are Driving, Walking or Biking:

Be aware that for shorter distances the proportional accuracy will likely decline. In other words, a little GPS inaccuracy at distances of hundreds of feet wouldn't be signficant. But the same GPS inaccuracy at distances of just a few feet could be signficant. In that regard, this free app may be useful — what3words on the App Store shows "GPS Accuracy" when the compass is tapped:

õ¿õ¬

How do I measure distance between two points using Apple Maps (geometric distance, not driving distance)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.