Report a Problem link it always shows up "Something went wrong"

When I click the "report a problem" link on Apple, it always shows up "Something went wrong and You must use an Apple ID that has previously been used in the store. Please sign in again with another Apple ID."

Even though I relog-in it still shows up like that

It's annoying and I can't refund the app that my son accidentally purchased

iPhone 7, iOS 15

Posted on May 30, 2023 7:53 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 30, 2023 9:39 PM

Sorry to hear this. Here are a few suggestions you can try:

1. Sign Out and Sign In: If you haven’t already, completely sign out of your Apple ID on your iPhone, restart the device, and then sign back in.

2. Try a Different Device or Browser: If you’re trying to report the problem on your iPhone, try using a different device or a different browser. If you’re using the App Store, try the website (reportaproblem.apple.com) or vice versa.

3. Check Your Apple ID: Make sure you’re using the Apple ID that was used to make the purchase. If you have multiple Apple IDs or Family Sharing set up, it might be different from your usual Apple ID.

4. Contact Apple Support Directly: If none of the above solutions work, you can contact Apple Support directly. You can call them, chat online, or even schedule a callback. Explain the situation, including the error message you’re getting. They can assist with refunds for accidental purchases.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

May 30, 2023 9:39 PM in response to Max2131

Sorry to hear this. Here are a few suggestions you can try:

1. Sign Out and Sign In: If you haven’t already, completely sign out of your Apple ID on your iPhone, restart the device, and then sign back in.

2. Try a Different Device or Browser: If you’re trying to report the problem on your iPhone, try using a different device or a different browser. If you’re using the App Store, try the website (reportaproblem.apple.com) or vice versa.

3. Check Your Apple ID: Make sure you’re using the Apple ID that was used to make the purchase. If you have multiple Apple IDs or Family Sharing set up, it might be different from your usual Apple ID.

4. Contact Apple Support Directly: If none of the above solutions work, you can contact Apple Support directly. You can call them, chat online, or even schedule a callback. Explain the situation, including the error message you’re getting. They can assist with refunds for accidental purchases.

Report a Problem link it always shows up "Something went wrong"

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.