Canon multifunction scanner not working after macOS Ventura

My Canon scanner is no longer working after Ventura upgrade? Printer is working fine. Anyone know how to solve this issue?

iMac 21.5″, macOS 13.3

Posted on May 30, 2023 8:58 PM

6 replies

May 31, 2023 11:02 AM in response to Janay8

If your printer is AirPrint compatible, the standard course of action is to remove the printer from  > System Settings > Printers & Scanners and then add it back in using the AirPrint/Bonjour driver option. Scanning will then be handled by the Image Capture app located in the Applications folder. You can check AirPrint compatibility here:

About AirPrint - Apple Support

Depending on the model, there may be an updated ICA driver on the Canon site that is used for scanning and also works with Image Capture.

May 30, 2023 10:28 PM in response to Janay8

Janay8 Said:

"Canon multifunction scanner not working after macOS Ventura: My Canon scanner is no longer working after Ventura upgrade? Printer is working fine. Anyone know how to solve this issue?"

-------

Getting a Printer to Work:

OK, so what's the model? Is it incompatible with your macOS? Look up the model, and then find its specs on canon's site.

May 31, 2023 10:49 AM in response to Janay8

I am sorry you are having scanner problems. If you will bear with me, I will offer some things to consider which may be useful. Whenever we install an operating system upgrade or some OS updates, printers and scanners will often stop working. Then a new OS compliant software must be installed for the scanner. Experience has shown that many printer/scanner manufacturers are very slow to provide updated software. What you can do is to thoroughly check the vendor's web site for updated compliant software that works. If none is available, then you should ask when it will be released. If that doesn't work, you can try scanning using Apple's Image Capture app. It will scan, but is not full featured. Another alternative is to download and try the full featured scanner software from VueScan. You can try it for free. It will show a watermark until you purchase it. I bought it and can recommend it. I have no association with VueScan. Good luck.

VueScan Scanner Software for macOS Catalina, Windows 10, and Linux

May 31, 2023 3:16 PM in response to Janay8

Janay8 Said:

Canon multifunction scanner not working after macOS Ventura: My Canon scanner is no longer working after Ventura upgrade? Printer is working fine. Anyone know how to solve this issue?

———-

Using a Scanner On a Mac:

IMPORTANT: Get the drivers from Canon, and none other, as a way to avoid scams and such.

Using a Virtual Machine to Scan:

If this is incompatible with your macOS, then you'd have to use a Virtual Machine for this. All would be accessed and would operate as desired on the VMVirtual Machine applications include VMWare Fusion and ParallelsLearn more here: What Is a Virtual Machine? - VMWare Support. Use Parallels for a Mac with a Silicon processor.

Canon multifunction scanner not working after macOS Ventura

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.