Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Newest Logic Pro 10.7.8 having problems with many 3rd party AU plugins

Since updating my MBP M1 a couple of days ago from 10.7.7 to 10.7.8, many of my 3rd party AU plugins are having problems - the pop up from Logic says: 'An Audio Unit plug-in reported a problem which might cause the system to become unstable. Please quit and restart Logic Pro' Recovery does nothing, and so all my in-production tracks are currently useless. What's happened with Logic that is different with this update? Any ideas what to do here?

Kharis

MacBook Pro (M1, 2020)

Posted on May 30, 2023 9:17 PM

Similar questions

24 replies

Jun 17, 2023 6:48 AM in response to deskunzen

This worked for me. Thank you!!!

Try to delete Logic's PLIST file. This should fix the problem:

Delete the Logic Pro PLIST file

1. In Logic Pro, note any custom preference settings that you’ve made, and save any custom key commands that you’ve created.
  2. Quit Logic Pro.
  3. In the Finder, choose Go > Go to Folder.
  4. Enter ~/Library/Preferences, then click Go.
  5. Remove the “com.apple.logic10.plist” file from the Preferences folder.
  6. If you upgraded from Logic 9 or earlier to Logic Pro, also remove the “com.apple.logic.pro” file.
  7. Restart your Mac.

Jun 1, 2023 8:04 AM in response to rmtwrkr

Bro I am in the exact same boat. They told me to contact the 3rd party plug ins and tell them to update their plug ins to the new version of Logic and when I contacted them they said it was already updated, which I find hard to believe since the logic update is barely a week old. Then they said to check my audio settings that may have changed when I updated logic, which they did not. It's really cute ....they're both blaming each other and meanwhile we are sitting in the middle totally screwed. Way to go Logic and 3rd party plug ins for making our lives a total nonsense nightmare.

Jun 2, 2023 6:11 AM in response to rmtwrkr

Try to delete Logic's PLIST file. This should fix the problem:

Delete the Logic Pro PLIST file

1. In Logic Pro, note any custom preference settings that you’ve made, and save any custom key commands that you’ve created.
  2. Quit Logic Pro.
  3. In the Finder, choose Go > Go to Folder.
  4. Enter ~/Library/Preferences, then click Go.
  5. Remove the “com.apple.logic10.plist” file from the Preferences folder.
  6. If you upgraded from Logic 9 or earlier to Logic Pro, also remove the “com.apple.logic.pro” file.
  7. Restart your Mac.

Jun 2, 2023 12:52 AM in response to MD900

I feel you, brother! I just had that same call with Apple Support. My soundcard manufacturer (yes, Logic stopped recording from anything except the MacBook microphone), wanted to help me, but I cut them loose since it is a Logic Pro problem. I tried 4 different DAWs, which all work with my external soundcard (Motu M6).

****, even Garageband works 🤣 and all apps that ever needed a microphone. I looked in AppStore and saw the darn thing was updated a week ago... go figure...

Jun 27, 2023 6:57 PM in response to rmtwrkr

Same issue here. I'm also having issues with multi-timbral recordings also. Logic is receiving the midi notes while recording, but completely disappears once I stop. I have to resort to manually clicking my notes in.

So far, all I've come accross was to download 10.7.7 and turn off auto-updates.

The Logic "team" just traded old bugs for new frustrating ones

Jul 2, 2023 1:16 PM in response to deskunzen

Great idea, but didn't change a thing, except that I lost a bunch of preferences! Hadn't been using Logic for more than 3 or four minutes before it started crashing again!

In case this helps anyone:

2017 iMac Pro

3.2 GHz 8-Core Intel Xeon W

32 GB 2666 MHz DDR4 Memory

Ventura 13.4.1 (22F82)

Logic 10.7.8

iZotope Pro suite

SoundToys suite

I thought first the problem was SoundToys. It wasn't, although it certainly causes things to crash faster

Then I suspected iZoptope, particularly Neutron 4. It wasn't, although it certainly causes things to crash faster.

Then I suspected this newer version of Logic didn't play nice with Intel Macs. But it sounds like people running M1 and M2 Macs are also having trouble.

And to make things worse, I can't remember if the problem started before the latest upgrade! (Must be getting old!)

Jan 27, 2024 3:17 AM in response to rmtwrkr

Nothing but problems with Logic Pro and third party plugins. It like dealing with the weather. On any given day or hour, Logic stops working for no apparent reason. Totally useless. The only reason I have not changed DAWs is because I have so many logic projects and the new learning curve. FL Studio seems more stable on my MacBook Pro than Logic.

Newest Logic Pro 10.7.8 having problems with many 3rd party AU plugins

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.