M2 MacBook Air not charging after scheduled sleep

I have a M2 MacBook Air which normally charges just fine. However last night I put it on charge after it had gone to scheduled sleep. This morning I find it is still charging. Screenshot of battery app is attached. Running Ventura 13.4 on a 8GB/512GB laptop.

MacBook Air, macOS 13.4

Posted on May 31, 2023 12:51 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 31, 2023 1:53 AM

For additional reading on Battery and Apple Computers this link may help. About battery health management in Mac notebooks and especially for the M1 / M2 and Big Sur  & Monterey  and Ventura If battery charging is paused or on hold on your Mac

A feature introduced into Big Sur & Monterey and Ventura was to preserve the number of Full Battery Cycles - there was an Algorithm coded into the macOS.

It is perfectly Normal for Big Sur , Monterey, Ventura to Pause / Suspend charging the battery beyond 80% and hold it at that level.

One can nudge / over-ride this by clicking the Battery Icon on Desktop Top Bar and allow charging beyond 80%. From observations, it will Pause / Suspend again once reading 90%. Same procedure to over-ride and will charge to 100%

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 31, 2023 1:53 AM in response to heffalump12

For additional reading on Battery and Apple Computers this link may help. About battery health management in Mac notebooks and especially for the M1 / M2 and Big Sur  & Monterey  and Ventura If battery charging is paused or on hold on your Mac

A feature introduced into Big Sur & Monterey and Ventura was to preserve the number of Full Battery Cycles - there was an Algorithm coded into the macOS.

It is perfectly Normal for Big Sur , Monterey, Ventura to Pause / Suspend charging the battery beyond 80% and hold it at that level.

One can nudge / over-ride this by clicking the Battery Icon on Desktop Top Bar and allow charging beyond 80%. From observations, it will Pause / Suspend again once reading 90%. Same procedure to over-ride and will charge to 100%

M2 MacBook Air not charging after scheduled sleep

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.