Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Mac mini M2, problem with external display

Hello,

I have a problem with my external display Asus VX239. When I a using Mac, there are weird "stripes" showing up like screen sampling on old CRT TV. I tried to switch HDMI cables, use a thunderbolt to an HDMI adapter, and even replace a different monitor, but nothing changed. Honestly, I do not, if it is something wrong with the Mac mini or if it is a problem with the external monitor.

Thank you in advice for help.

Mac mini, macOS 13.4

Posted on May 31, 2023 3:03 AM

Similar questions

11 replies

Jun 9, 2023 7:41 AM in response to den.thed

I have checked OSD settings (reset to default, switching profiles) still same problem. Even I dowloaded icm color profile from official ASUS website and nothing work. I need to know, if this problem is cause by my monitor or the Mac, because I found forum thread with similar problem. (adding url + photo of my problem for better imagination)

Link to the discussion

Jun 15, 2023 5:50 AM in response to den.thed

The problem was with monitor. I bought this beauty https://www.amazon.com/LG-32UN650-W-Compatibility-Borderless-Adjustable/dp/B08FQ42MN1.

Now it’s everything working fine. Again thanks for help.

I have final question. 4k resolution settings on Mac OS causes it’s everything small. If I will change to FHD scale (normal size), will be for example videos on YouTube really in 4k?

Nov 27, 2023 12:37 AM in response to Niantes

I have similar problem on my Mac Mini M2. When I open some dark colored images (for example this one: https://www.pinterest.com/pin/356347389282221785/ ) my BenQ PD2700U starts flickering and vertical stripes appear.I have an Asus VZ239, and the same thing happens to it, but with different web images (Safari, Google Chrome doesn't matter). I think something is wrong with the Mac Mini M2 or the Mac OS itself. I tried a High-Speed 4K HDMI cable and a 'USB C to DisplayPort 1.4 Cable 8K@60Hz 4K@240Hz Thunderbolt 4/3 to DisplayPort Cord USB C to DP 1.4 32.4 Gbps Alu Braided Compatible with MacBook Pro/Air, iPad, Mac Mini, Galaxy, XPS 15 3.3FT,' but the results were the same.

Mac mini M2, problem with external display

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.