Apple’s Worldwide Developers Conference to kick off June 10 at 10 a.m. PDT with Keynote address

The Keynote will be available to stream on apple.com, the Apple Developer app, the Apple TV app, and the Apple YouTube channel. On-demand playback will be available after the conclusion of the stream.

How to center-align objects in Pages?

I would like certain text boxes and images in my Pages document to be centered. Is there a way to do this this?

I don't want these objects to move in-line with text. I just want to individually align objects to center.

MacBook Air 13″, macOS 11.3

Posted on May 31, 2023 1:32 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 1, 2023 6:08 AM

Set the selected document objects Arrange panel > Text Wrap > None. This allows you to move them around in the document. In Pages Settings/Preferences > Rules : Alignment Guides, set the color and select accordingly:

Once these are configured, as you move your object across the page, a center alignment guide will automatically appear. Dragging the object down on the page, keeping the center alignment indicated, you will also encounter the vertical alignment guide as it appears giving you absolute document center where they intersect.

This auto-alignment feature will also assist you in aligning objects to one another as the appropriate guides appear when moving objects around other objects.

See Use alignment guides in Pages on Mac - Apple Support

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 1, 2023 6:08 AM in response to jjjefff

Set the selected document objects Arrange panel > Text Wrap > None. This allows you to move them around in the document. In Pages Settings/Preferences > Rules : Alignment Guides, set the color and select accordingly:

Once these are configured, as you move your object across the page, a center alignment guide will automatically appear. Dragging the object down on the page, keeping the center alignment indicated, you will also encounter the vertical alignment guide as it appears giving you absolute document center where they intersect.

This auto-alignment feature will also assist you in aligning objects to one another as the appropriate guides appear when moving objects around other objects.

See Use alignment guides in Pages on Mac - Apple Support

May 31, 2023 1:48 PM in response to jjjefff

Hello

In your text boxes, you will need to change the Arrangement to No Text Wrap so that you can individually align objects, reference the following article here: Place objects with text in Pages on iPad - Apple Support. When creating a Text Box, under Format in the top right, click on Arrange >> Text Wrap >> None. Text is automatically wrapped to the automatic settings, which will force text to flow around other objects. You can then manually center it by right-clicking on the box >> Align Objects >> Center. Same things applies for images. Hope this helps.

Yasamean

How to center-align objects in Pages?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.