ios 16 updates have made my camera stop working

My iPhone 12 camera zoom lens stopped working with the iOS 16.1 update, I’ve updated to the latest 16.5 but am still having the same issues. I can hear the camera flickering and trying to focus when I zoom but it’s always blurry.

Have tried the restart and reset solutions that worked for some. Anyone else still having this issue?

iPhone 12, iOS 16

Posted on May 31, 2023 9:46 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 31, 2023 10:24 PM

This sounds like a hardware failure issue. I recommend that you contact 👉 Official Apple Support OR you can always get your iPhone examined at the Apple Store 👉 Genius Bar Reservation and Apple Support Options or at an Authorized Service Center for further diagnosis and a resolution.

Axel F.

2 replies

May 31, 2023 9:57 PM in response to Almart343

Almart343 Said:

"ios 16 updates have made my camera stop working: My iPhone 12 camera zoom lens stopped working with the iOS 16.1 update, I’ve updated to the latest 16.5 but am still having the same issues. I can hear the camera flickering and trying to focus when I zoom but it’s always blurry. Have tried the restart and reset solutions that worked for some. Anyone else still having this issue?"

-------

No. I am not having hit issue.

Report this to Apple:

Do your Part: Provide Apple with feedback on this, letting them know about this issue.  Apple may not get back to you directly, but the more feedback they receive on this, the more they will know what is occurring, and what bug fixes to include in updates to come.

1. Go Here: Feedback - iPhone - Apple
  2. Select: "Bug Report" for the "Feedback Type"
  3. Comment: that this all began after installing this update. Include the URL of this thread
  4. Proceed from there as necessary

ios 16 updates have made my camera stop working

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.