Ted Lasso can’t view earlier episodes

I fell asleep and the next 4 episodes played. The next day I tried to choose an episode that I had slept through but even though I could click on the episode of my choice from the vertical list of episodes it would just go back to the last point in the episode I had been “watching”, the one that was on when I woke up. It’s not like I can’t see the other episodes that I want to click on. I click in the prior episode that I want. It shows me which one I’ve selected. Everything appears fine, then it plays the wrong episode, the one where I had left off last time I was watching. What do I do? This is on my tv. It is not a smart tv with apps. I navigate to the Ted Lasso episodes using the xfinity remote and a voice command.

1080p,

Posted on May 31, 2023 10:53 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 31, 2023 11:18 PM

The Apple TV+ app on Xfinity devices should behave the same as on other devices for this, and play the selected episode, even if later episodes have already been played.

If you used voice commands before, then next try using manual navigation only.

If the issue persists, then try resetting the app, sign in again, find your episode, and select to watch that.

If the issue persists after that, then contact Apple Support for further assistance.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 31, 2023 11:18 PM in response to Jseligman1

The Apple TV+ app on Xfinity devices should behave the same as on other devices for this, and play the selected episode, even if later episodes have already been played.

If you used voice commands before, then next try using manual navigation only.

If the issue persists, then try resetting the app, sign in again, find your episode, and select to watch that.

If the issue persists after that, then contact Apple Support for further assistance.

Jun 30, 2023 5:14 PM in response to Beekeepr

The Up Next queue list will keep track of one watch progress per account. So that may get confusing, going back and forth. To keep that separate, see if Family Sharing through multiple accounts is something for you.

To watch a previous episode, select it from the complete episode list, as featured on the Details page for a TV show. How to get there, varies a little bit by device. But basically, select the TV show anywhere in the Apple TV app, but not through Up Next. On what device and model are you watching Apple TV+?

Jun 30, 2023 4:27 PM in response to Urquhart1244

We want to rewatch previous episode of Ted Lasso as my partner and I are on different schedule. Unfortunately all we are allowed to do is continue from the last episode watched. We have logged out and logged back in. We have marked episodes as I unwatched and we have rebooted cable box to no avail. Getting frustrated with Apple TV interface.

how do you fix this?

Ted Lasso can’t view earlier episodes

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.