Transfering data from Android and Apple Id used on another Iphone

Hello I would like to ask you ,which is the best way to proceed: I bought a new Iphone 14 pro max and I need to transfer my messages and data from an Android phone, but at the present I am using my current AppleID/iCloud on a Iphone 11 with another phone number (which I will not using anymore), so I will need first to change my phone number for the Apple ID /iCloud to use this sim/phone number with new Iphone 14 pro first?or else?

Many Thanks!

Andreas

iPhone 14 Pro Max

Posted on Jun 1, 2023 5:24 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 1, 2023 8:09 AM

"Download the Move to iOS app to get help switching from your Android device to your new iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch." To learn more click here --> Move from Android to iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

(The link provided in a previous post eventually guides you to this page, I'm just saving you a couple of clicks.)

"On your Android device, select the content that you want to transfer"

Here's related information: Move content manually from your Android device to your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

As for using the Apple ID on multiple devices, you can do that. As mentioned earlier, it has nothing to do with the actual telephone service you are using. If you are using iCloud to sync data, then turning on iCloud on the new device (if it doesn't do aso automatically) should effect a copying of all data using iCloud to the new device as outlined in Transfer data from your previous iOS or iPadOS device to your new iPhone or iPad - Apple Support

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 1, 2023 8:09 AM in response to Soundrift

"Download the Move to iOS app to get help switching from your Android device to your new iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch." To learn more click here --> Move from Android to iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

(The link provided in a previous post eventually guides you to this page, I'm just saving you a couple of clicks.)

"On your Android device, select the content that you want to transfer"

Here's related information: Move content manually from your Android device to your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

As for using the Apple ID on multiple devices, you can do that. As mentioned earlier, it has nothing to do with the actual telephone service you are using. If you are using iCloud to sync data, then turning on iCloud on the new device (if it doesn't do aso automatically) should effect a copying of all data using iCloud to the new device as outlined in Transfer data from your previous iOS or iPadOS device to your new iPhone or iPad - Apple Support

Jun 1, 2023 5:31 AM in response to Soundrift

The phone number is not linked to you iCloud account. If you log into the phone with the same iCloud account it will just transfer the info stored in iCloud to the new phone.

As for moving Android data look here https://www.apple.com/iphone/switch/?afid=p238%7Csqg8v5BEp-dc_mtid_20925d2q39172_pcrid_654997338601_pgrid_148473063736_pntwk_g_pchan__pexid__&cid=wwa-us-kwgo-iphone--slid---SwitchersCategory-SwitchersCategory-IfISwitchCategory-

Transfering data from Android and Apple Id used on another Iphone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.