Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Apple Carplay auto display totally washed out in maps app.

I bought a brand new Mazda CX5 last year and had a brand new iphone. Carplay was awesome, everything looked fantastic, maps was great. I havent used the Carplay app in about 3 months and now when I took a trip needing the Maps app, the screen is barely seeable…..totally washed out almost white. I believe that this is probably 2 or 3 IOS updates since I last used it. This is NOT a Mazda issue, as much as Apple would like you to believe. I see there are plenty of complaints of the same situation with other car/truck manufacturers. These forums are very odd as Apple never really reads these things and relies on creative individuals to solve their problems.

Posted on Jun 1, 2023 11:51 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 27, 2023 7:22 AM

After having my Tahoe for a few days now it seems the overall apple carplay signal is “washed out” not just Apple Maps. After talking with the dealer there are no contrast adjustments within the Infotainment system. Not sure if the issue is on the output of the iPhone or the infotainment carplay input. The contrast is good on all other sources of the infotainment system.

Any suggestions on lowering the contrast on Apple play either on the car side or device side?

Similar questions

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 27, 2023 7:22 AM in response to UncleFred58

After having my Tahoe for a few days now it seems the overall apple carplay signal is “washed out” not just Apple Maps. After talking with the dealer there are no contrast adjustments within the Infotainment system. Not sure if the issue is on the output of the iPhone or the infotainment carplay input. The contrast is good on all other sources of the infotainment system.

Any suggestions on lowering the contrast on Apple play either on the car side or device side?

Sep 27, 2023 8:07 AM in response to UncleFred58

I have the same issue that came out of nowhere. Maps worked perfect until it didn’t. I ended up putting my maps in dark mode, which is a black background , but at least I can navigate with it this way. Apple loves to mess around with their updates and I am constantly having to reset and reconfigure something that was working perfectly before on my iPhone.

Jun 1, 2023 12:05 PM in response to Boundarywaterz

Try and Force Restart your iPhone EXACTLY as shown below and see whether that resolves the issue:

• Press and quickly release Volume UP button
  • Press and quickly release Volume DOWN button
  • Press and Hold the SIDE button until an Apple logo appears and then release the Side button (Can take up to 20 seconds. (DO NOT release Side Button when invited to Slide Power OFF). 

Axel F.

Apple Carplay auto display totally washed out in maps app.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.