How to remove a virus from iPhone?

How can I get rid of viruses I have 27 of them and I’ve had them for a while

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

iPhone 8

Posted on Jun 1, 2023 12:37 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 7, 2024 6:36 AM

PointTaken12 wrote:

when I try to get on Safari, I get a block that says my iPhone has virus and I should download an app from the App Store.

That’s an ad. There’s no virus here.

If you have a third-party add-on VPN or third-party add-on security tool, remove it, and try again.

Close the Safari tab involved and try again.

If that fails, force quit Safari, and try again.

If that fails, clear saved cookies and cache, and try again.

15 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 7, 2024 6:36 AM in response to PointTaken12

PointTaken12 wrote:

when I try to get on Safari, I get a block that says my iPhone has virus and I should download an app from the App Store.

That’s an ad. There’s no virus here.

If you have a third-party add-on VPN or third-party add-on security tool, remove it, and try again.

Close the Safari tab involved and try again.

If that fails, force quit Safari, and try again.

If that fails, clear saved cookies and cache, and try again.

Jun 1, 2023 1:09 PM in response to Patriot3452gogo

Hi! What makes you think your iPhone is infected with viruses? For example, are there any pop-up messages, or is there strange behaviour? Please explain it in a response, so we can help.

Also, have you jailbroken your iPhone? This is a known method of hacking, and, unless you have done this, it is not possible for your iPhone to get a virus.

Looking forward to your response!

Jun 1, 2023 1:09 PM in response to Patriot3452gogo

Patriot3452gogo wrote:

How can I get rid of viruses I have 27 of them and I’ve had them for a while

The “virus scans” and ‘you have (27) viruses!!!” pop-ups are advertisements. Not scans. Not scan results.

That advertisement is probably for an add-on VPN client, something you don’t need badly solving a problem you don’t have and that hasn’t existed for most of a decade.

Pretty much anything on the ‘net that contains the words “virus” or “hacker” should be assumed either an advertisement, or entertainment. As fiction.

Fiction like that claimed “virus scan”, too. If a remote website could do that “virus scan”, the miscreants would just directly steal all of your data directly. Malware scans are deep, detailed, and very intrusive. And web browsers work very hard to make sure websites can’t make those accesses and cannot do those scans. Even local apps directly installed on your iPhone can’t scan storage. Apple works hard to prevent that.

Ignore it. Too many advertisers lie.

Jun 1, 2023 2:12 PM in response to K Shaffer

K Shaffer wrote:

While some web browsers do not let the site visitors see the Hidden links
which otherwise simply appear as Blue text; my preference is to use one
that do let me choose to see; and I often report those too.

The ability to view those via Mouse-Over, in PC or Mac, is very Helpful.
While from an iOS view, is not so much.

iPad Safari can show either links or preview by pressing and holding on the link. As can iPhone Safari.

Here is the link view—tap on the yellow to switch to preview:

Here’s the preview—tap in the yellow to show the link:

It’s entirely possible to leave Safari in link-view mode, and avoid using preview mode. As an alternative to preview and when the link is somewhat more interesting, select Open in Background from the pop-up to open the link in a background tab and then go look there.

Jun 1, 2023 4:14 PM in response to MrHoffman

..Well, that's fine for you to say. My iPhone isn't up to feats of strength or magic

as the touch-screen is not responding to my touch. So those are hidden extras

too. My iPad is an antique, but most noteworthy is the iOS 9.3.5 still works with

several more sites than I'd expect. ~But in High Sierra with older Safari, I found

Mozilla Firefox ESR 102.11 workable; stated in my reply. Here, that much is true!☺︎

[un-subscribed]

How to remove a virus from iPhone?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.