Newsroom Update

Apple and Google deliver support for unwanted tracking alerts in iOS and Android. Learn more >

Is my iPhone fake or original?

I ve got a new phone 14 pro from turkiye. I only can see ımei number setting section in my phone but couldnt find any number at my sım tray. İs that can be fake this phone or is that normal be an empty

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

Posted on Jun 2, 2023 2:42 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 2, 2023 4:59 AM

This support article Find the serial number or IMEI on your iPhone, iPad or iPod touch – Apple Support (UK)

which was recently updated does not include the iPhone 14 model as having a number on its SIM tray. I even checked a non-US version of the page (since the US iPhone 14 models do not have a SIM card slot at all) and it doesn't mention it being on the iPhone 14.

About the phone being fake, see if it appears under warranty information:

Check Your Service and Support Coverage - Apple Support

or:

Settings > General > About

The only way to be certain a device is not "fake" is to only buy one from Apple or an Apple Authorized dealer.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 2, 2023 4:59 AM in response to Mockinqjay

This support article Find the serial number or IMEI on your iPhone, iPad or iPod touch – Apple Support (UK)

which was recently updated does not include the iPhone 14 model as having a number on its SIM tray. I even checked a non-US version of the page (since the US iPhone 14 models do not have a SIM card slot at all) and it doesn't mention it being on the iPhone 14.

About the phone being fake, see if it appears under warranty information:

Check Your Service and Support Coverage - Apple Support

or:

Settings > General > About

The only way to be certain a device is not "fake" is to only buy one from Apple or an Apple Authorized dealer.

Is my iPhone fake or original?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.