Automatic app downloads not working iPad

When I set up my iPad, I didn’t want the apps to be the same. However, now I want the apps to be the same. I was told that I could turn on “automatic app downloads” and it would add the apps that I have on my iPhone and not on my iPad.

I turned on the setting, updated my iPad, and reset it.

Why could it not be working?

iPad Air, iPadOS 16

Posted on Jun 2, 2023 7:31 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 2, 2023 8:49 AM

The setting to which you refer, when enabled, is not intended to download/install all previously purchased Apps. Instead, once activated, any newly purchased Apps purchased from (and installed on) your iPhone or other device will be will be automatically installed on your iPad.

Put another way, Apps that are installed on your iPhone after your enable the setting will be automatically installed on the iPad.

You can still manually install older Apps, not previously installed, from the App Store.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 2, 2023 8:49 AM in response to BrandonAks

The setting to which you refer, when enabled, is not intended to download/install all previously purchased Apps. Instead, once activated, any newly purchased Apps purchased from (and installed on) your iPhone or other device will be will be automatically installed on your iPad.

Put another way, Apps that are installed on your iPhone after your enable the setting will be automatically installed on the iPad.

You can still manually install older Apps, not previously installed, from the App Store.

Automatic app downloads not working iPad

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.