iTunes gift card

I purchased a GC from the Canadian store not the US. Can I get a refund ?

Posted on Jun 2, 2023 8:13 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 2, 2023 8:17 AM

Apple Sales and Refund Policy from Returns & Refunds - Shopping Help - Apple "There are some items, however, that are ineligible for return, including:

• Opened software*

• Electronic Software Downloads

• Software Up-to-Date Program Products (software upgrades)

Apple Gift Cards (includes previous generation Apple Store Gift Cards and App Store & iTunes Gift Cards)

• Apple Developer products (membership, technical support incidents, WWDC tickets)

• Apple Print Products"

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 2, 2023 8:17 AM in response to Nightmares55

Apple Sales and Refund Policy from Returns & Refunds - Shopping Help - Apple "There are some items, however, that are ineligible for return, including:

• Opened software*

• Electronic Software Downloads

• Software Up-to-Date Program Products (software upgrades)

Apple Gift Cards (includes previous generation Apple Store Gift Cards and App Store & iTunes Gift Cards)

• Apple Developer products (membership, technical support incidents, WWDC tickets)

• Apple Print Products"

Jun 2, 2023 8:23 AM in response to Nightmares55

Hello ~ Probably not. Click on the link below…

Legal - iTunes Gift Cards and Codes - Apple

Also see here..

If you can't redeem your gift card in the App Store or iTunes ...*

*Code must be redeemed in a different country or region

If you see a message that says the code must be redeemed in another storefront, the card was probably purchased in another country or region. You can't redeem Apple Gift Cards or App Store & iTunes Gift Cards outside of the country or region of purchase. For example, if you bought an App Store & iTunes Gift Card in France, you can't redeem it in the App Store in the United States.

If you need more help, contact Apple Support. <<<Try contacting Apple? You could always sell it to someone in Canada who could use it.

~Katana-San~

Jun 2, 2023 8:53 AM in response to Nightmares55

Since the two stores are apparently independent of each other (you cannot buy Canadian items from the US store) then I suspect they cannot exchange them since they would not have the Canadian equivalent in the US store. You are welcome to contact Apple but my earlier post seems to pretty clearly state their position on this.

Refer to this document for ways to contact Apple --> Choose your country or region - Official Apple Support

Select your country (also look for "other" regions), then a product. If you don't see one that handles your issue then keep experimenting with selections until you reach one that gets you a chat session or a telephone call and get the representative to redirect you.

or:

Contact Apple for support and service by telephone --> Contact Apple for support and service - Apple Support

iTunes gift card

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.