Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Continuity camera

The continuity camera is totally inconsistent and unreliable in connecting. Why doesn't Apple fix this?

Mac mini, macOS 13.3

Posted on Jun 2, 2023 12:49 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 15, 2023 10:33 AM

Yes; the underlying issue is that the connections are VERY unreliable. The exact same sequences sometimes work –– and sometimes don’t. Apple equipment used to be reliable but it is NOT reliable nowadays. And the so-called continuity camera is one of the worst examples of lower Apple quality. Very frustrating to pay extra for things that look nice but fail to function reliably. Nor does Apple Support know how to fix it as I discovered after many calls. Applemail is another bad example.

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 15, 2023 10:33 AM in response to Craig Col.

Yes; the underlying issue is that the connections are VERY unreliable. The exact same sequences sometimes work –– and sometimes don’t. Apple equipment used to be reliable but it is NOT reliable nowadays. And the so-called continuity camera is one of the worst examples of lower Apple quality. Very frustrating to pay extra for things that look nice but fail to function reliably. Nor does Apple Support know how to fix it as I discovered after many calls. Applemail is another bad example.

Sep 15, 2023 7:02 AM in response to razmee209

Mine worked fine for a while and all of the sudden stopped working - I tried restarting both laptop and iPhone to no avail. Also tried turning off and on "allow handoff" in iPhone settings.

The way I got it to work was to connect to USB and it showed right up. Apple doesn't make it very clear that a USB connection is an option. You do have to make sure to allow your iPhone to "trust this computer".

About the 'Trust This Computer' alert message...

Continuity camera

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.