Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Can you guys unlock an iPhone?

i bought an iphone on ebay and when it came at the first time and i went to the set up when i pass to the set up when i got its says Iphone Locked to Owner and i lost all contact and its been a year and didnt know it could unlock. Can you help.

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

iPhone 12 Pro Max

Posted on Jun 2, 2023 3:55 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 2, 2023 4:04 PM

You have run into the Activation Lock on your iPhone. You will need the owner’s credentials (Apple ID Password) to remove the Activation Lock. Without that Apple ID Password, that iPhone will be useless to you.

Axel F.

5 replies

Jun 2, 2023 4:05 PM in response to jhit_700

You should have immediately reported the sale as fraudulent. Activation lock can only be removed by the person who set it - the actual owner.

You very likely bought a stolen device. Being locked, it will be forever useless to you or anyone else, other than the real owner. And having it in your possession for a year puts the purchase beyond any means of recovering your funds.

The only thing you can do is sell it for parts (make sure it's listed that way), or responsibly recycle it.

Can you guys unlock an iPhone?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.