Apple’s Worldwide Developers Conference to kick off June 10 at 10 a.m. PDT with Keynote address

The Keynote will be available to stream on apple.com, the Apple Developer app, the Apple TV app, and the Apple YouTube channel. On-demand playback will be available after the conclusion of the stream.

remove someones apple id

I need to remove my dads old iCloud id off of my old phone but I don't know his iCloud password.

iPhone X

Posted on Jun 2, 2023 8:55 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 2, 2023 9:09 PM

For recovering access to that Apple ID with a forgotten password, the holder of the Apple ID associated with the Activation Lock will have to use one of the following:

If you forgot your Apple ID password - Apple Support

If you forgot your Apple ID - Apple Support

Apple’s I Forgot Service

How to use account recovery when you can’t reset your Apple ID password - Apple Support

Contact Apple for help with Apple ID account security - Apple Support

Otherwise, somebody will need to present proof of ownership to Apple. That’s usually the original purchase receipt, or similar paperwork, or legal paperwork. For cases where the owner has passed, here is the Apple procedure:

How to request access to a deceased family member's Apple accounts - Apple Support

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 2, 2023 9:09 PM in response to genesis___

For recovering access to that Apple ID with a forgotten password, the holder of the Apple ID associated with the Activation Lock will have to use one of the following:

If you forgot your Apple ID password - Apple Support

If you forgot your Apple ID - Apple Support

Apple’s I Forgot Service

How to use account recovery when you can’t reset your Apple ID password - Apple Support

Contact Apple for help with Apple ID account security - Apple Support

Otherwise, somebody will need to present proof of ownership to Apple. That’s usually the original purchase receipt, or similar paperwork, or legal paperwork. For cases where the owner has passed, here is the Apple procedure:

How to request access to a deceased family member's Apple accounts - Apple Support

Jun 2, 2023 9:25 PM in response to genesis___

genesis___ Said:

"remove someones apple id: I need to remove my dads old iCloud id off of my old phone but I don't know his iCloud password."

-------

For future reference...

Getting Other's Device:

If one passes away, then contact the site, informing them of this issue. Here is where you would go for AppleHow to Request Access to a Deceased Family Member's Apple Account - Apple Support

remove someones apple id

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.