iCloud storage

What happens if I turn off iCloud storage for my photos? Do I lose all my videos or photos? Does nothing change beside it doesn’t use iCloud storage?

iPhone 13, iOS 16

Posted on Jun 2, 2023 10:58 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 3, 2023 1:26 AM

See the article Get help with iCloud Photos – Apple Support

How do I turn off iCloud Photos on only one device?

You can turn off iCloud Photos on a single device when you follow these steps:

• On your iPhone, iPad or iPod touch, go to Settings > [your name] > iCloud > Photos, then turn off iCloud Photos.
  • On your Mac, open the Photos app, then choose Photos > Settings or Photos > Preferences. Click iCloud, then deselect iCloud Photos.
  • On your Apple TV 4K or Apple TV HD, go to Settings > Accounts > iCloud. Under Photos, press Select to turn off iCloud Photos.

If you have Optimise Storage turned on, you may not have all of your original photos and videos on your device. To download the original photos and videos on your device, go to Settings > [your name] > iCloud > Photos and select Download and Keep Originals. On your Mac, open Photos, choose Photos > Settings or Photos > Preferences, click iCloud, then select Download Originals to this Mac. Keep your device plugged into a power source and connected to the internet. After your originals have been downloaded, you can turn off iCloud Photos. You can also select the photos and videos you want to download from iCloud.com.

Before you turn off iCloud Photos, you might want to make a copy of your photos and videos.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 3, 2023 1:26 AM in response to rosalia165

See the article Get help with iCloud Photos – Apple Support

How do I turn off iCloud Photos on only one device?

You can turn off iCloud Photos on a single device when you follow these steps:

• On your iPhone, iPad or iPod touch, go to Settings > [your name] > iCloud > Photos, then turn off iCloud Photos.
  • On your Mac, open the Photos app, then choose Photos > Settings or Photos > Preferences. Click iCloud, then deselect iCloud Photos.
  • On your Apple TV 4K or Apple TV HD, go to Settings > Accounts > iCloud. Under Photos, press Select to turn off iCloud Photos.

If you have Optimise Storage turned on, you may not have all of your original photos and videos on your device. To download the original photos and videos on your device, go to Settings > [your name] > iCloud > Photos and select Download and Keep Originals. On your Mac, open Photos, choose Photos > Settings or Photos > Preferences, click iCloud, then select Download Originals to this Mac. Keep your device plugged into a power source and connected to the internet. After your originals have been downloaded, you can turn off iCloud Photos. You can also select the photos and videos you want to download from iCloud.com.

Before you turn off iCloud Photos, you might want to make a copy of your photos and videos.

iCloud storage

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.