WhatsApp Freezing Indefinitely

I have been using WhatsApp for a long time. I live in Egypt. A couple of weeks ago I traveled to US. During my time at the US, the WhatsApp started to crash. When I open Whatsapp, it works for few seconds, then it freezes forever. It does not respond to any action.

I tried the following with no change in the problem:

-Clearing and reinstalling WhatsApp (once by restoring the history and media and once without restoring)

-factory reseting the phone

-transferring to WhatsApp business

I am using iPhone 13 pro max running iOS 16.5

iPhone 13 Pro Max

Posted on Jun 3, 2023 11:37 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 3, 2023 11:48 AM

You've done excellent troubleshooting already. If an app on your iPhone or iPad stops responding, closes unexpectedly, or won’t open - Apple Support

If this is happening only with this one app, WhatsApp, your next step is to contact the app developer for more assistance. How to contact an app developer - Apple Support

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 3, 2023 11:48 AM in response to Mo_Hesham

You've done excellent troubleshooting already. If an app on your iPhone or iPad stops responding, closes unexpectedly, or won’t open - Apple Support

If this is happening only with this one app, WhatsApp, your next step is to contact the app developer for more assistance. How to contact an app developer - Apple Support

WhatsApp Freezing Indefinitely

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.