Broken screen

Good afternoon

my daughter broke the screen of her 9th generation IPAD and I would like to know what’s the price of a new screen, where can I purchase one and what is the cost to have it repaired. Thank you

Posted on Jun 3, 2023 2:02 PM

3 replies

Jun 3, 2023 3:00 PM in response to afi7

Apple doesn't do anything to "repair" and return the same iPad other than replace it. They have two (battery or other damage) out of warranty (including accidental damage without AppleCare+) prices if done through Apple, although Apple Authorized Service Providers can theoretically charge their own prices. However, AASPs tend to charge about what Apple would.

You can check here where it says "Get estimate". You would need to choose "Other damage", "iPad", and "iPad (9th generation)".

iPad Repair & Service - Apple Support

I'm in the United States and am getting $249 plus tax, which is pretty close to what my kid's 9th gen iPad cost on sale. The replacement price is the same regardless of the amount of storage it has. The replacement will come in a "white box" without any added accessories and will require exchange of the damaged iPad. I've gotten a warranty replacement before (for my mini 6), and they didn't even let me keep the box, saying that they needed it to package the exchanged device.

The exchanged devices will be evaluated for parts that are suitable for reuse and could theoretically be completely recycled. The replacement devices can theoretically be new, but may be made from assorted new and reused parts that meets Apple's requirements for reuse. Replacement devices also have a model number that starts with N in place of where it would normally be M (new from Apple) or R (Apple retail refurbished).

I don't necessarily recommend it, but one option is getting a third party (aka "unauthorized") repair. I've seen the results and they can vary. But it's your device to do with as you please, although generally Apple won't consider such a repaired device eligible for future "repair".

Broken screen

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.