Can't sign in to old, old iPad because it is under an old, old AppleID

It seems my old iPad is "owned" by an old appleID that has since been reassigned to someone else so I cannot use the old pad. I have had this iPad in my possession for 5 years

Posted on Jun 3, 2023 5:34 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 3, 2023 5:42 PM

Activation Lock. You’ll need to remember the Apple ID and password, or retrieve the proof of original purchase. We can’t help bypass Activation Lock, and Apple won’t help absent sufficiently-convincing proof of ownership.

If you forgot your Apple ID password - Apple Support

If you forgot your Apple ID - Apple Support

Apple’s I Forgot Service

How to use account recovery when you can’t reset your Apple ID password - Apple Support

Contact Apple for help with Apple ID account security - Apple Support

If the iPad is old enough, it can or will be limited to an old iOS version that won’t run much of anything from the app store.

And Apple IDs are not reassigned.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 3, 2023 5:42 PM in response to eduthdeez

Activation Lock. You’ll need to remember the Apple ID and password, or retrieve the proof of original purchase. We can’t help bypass Activation Lock, and Apple won’t help absent sufficiently-convincing proof of ownership.

If you forgot your Apple ID password - Apple Support

If you forgot your Apple ID - Apple Support

Apple’s I Forgot Service

How to use account recovery when you can’t reset your Apple ID password - Apple Support

Contact Apple for help with Apple ID account security - Apple Support

If the iPad is old enough, it can or will be limited to an old iOS version that won’t run much of anything from the app store.

And Apple IDs are not reassigned.

Can't sign in to old, old iPad because it is under an old, old AppleID

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.