How do I turn off 2 factor authentication?

Posted on Jun 3, 2023 7:57 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 3, 2023 8:02 PM

Hello HelpCarrieJane!

If you're already using two-factor authentication with your Apple ID, you can't turn it off. If you updated to two-factor authentication inadvertently, you can turn it off within two weeks of enrollment. If you do, your account is less secure and you can't use features that require a higher level of security.

To learn more, please see: Two-factor authentication for Apple ID - Apple Support.

I hope this is helpful. Good Luck!

6 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 3, 2023 8:02 PM in response to HelpCarrieJane

Hello HelpCarrieJane!

If you're already using two-factor authentication with your Apple ID, you can't turn it off. If you updated to two-factor authentication inadvertently, you can turn it off within two weeks of enrollment. If you do, your account is less secure and you can't use features that require a higher level of security.

To learn more, please see: Two-factor authentication for Apple ID - Apple Support.

I hope this is helpful. Good Luck!

Jun 3, 2023 8:08 PM in response to HelpCarrieJane

If you're already using two-factor authentication with your Apple ID, you can't turn it off. However, if you updated to two-factor authentication inadvertently, you can turn it off within two weeks of enrollment. Note that if you do this, your account will be less secure and you won't be able to use features that require a higher level of security​.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.