Why have all my photo albums gone

Why are all of my photo albums on my Mac air and iPhone 24 empty

iPhone 14, iOS 16

Posted on Jun 3, 2023 8:13 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 3, 2023 8:20 PM

Linjb Said:

"Why have all my photo albums gone: Why are all of my photo albums on my Mac air and iPhone 24 empty"

-------

Recovering Deleted Messages and Photos:

Troubleshooting Lost Photo Albums:

It was probably trying to optimize the storage.  Important: Be certain you do not connect to the Internet while booting up, as syncing would delete it. So, power off your router to avoid the connection. Note that loss of data is something you would have agreed to upon opening an Apple Account. So, if the following does not work, then they are gone. That's just the way it is :(

Four Tactics to Try:

A. Start here: If you're Missing Photos or Videos in the Photos app - Apple Support

B. Check iCloud Directly:

See if they reside in iCloud Photos. Log in here: https://www.icloud.com/photos

C. Use a Time Machine Backup:

Did you backup your Mac, recently? If so, then restore your Mac from that. You'd backup you Mac prior to doing so, and then restore your data from the backup you just created, through use of Migration Assistant.

D. Where Else to Check:

• PC
  • PDA
  • eMail
  • Mac Device
  • Cloud Storage
  • Android Phone
  • USB Flash Drive
  • External Hard drive
  • Secure Digital Card
  • Compact Flash Card
1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 3, 2023 8:20 PM in response to Linjb

Linjb Said:

"Why have all my photo albums gone: Why are all of my photo albums on my Mac air and iPhone 24 empty"

-------

Recovering Deleted Messages and Photos:

Troubleshooting Lost Photo Albums:

It was probably trying to optimize the storage.  Important: Be certain you do not connect to the Internet while booting up, as syncing would delete it. So, power off your router to avoid the connection. Note that loss of data is something you would have agreed to upon opening an Apple Account. So, if the following does not work, then they are gone. That's just the way it is :(

Four Tactics to Try:

A. Start here: If you're Missing Photos or Videos in the Photos app - Apple Support

B. Check iCloud Directly:

See if they reside in iCloud Photos. Log in here: https://www.icloud.com/photos

C. Use a Time Machine Backup:

Did you backup your Mac, recently? If so, then restore your Mac from that. You'd backup you Mac prior to doing so, and then restore your data from the backup you just created, through use of Migration Assistant.

D. Where Else to Check:

• PC
  • PDA
  • eMail
  • Mac Device
  • Cloud Storage
  • Android Phone
  • USB Flash Drive
  • External Hard drive
  • Secure Digital Card
  • Compact Flash Card

Why have all my photo albums gone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.