Newsroom Update

Tap to Pay on iPhone is now available in Canada. Learn more >

How to delete Gmail accounts informations

Hi,

Some APPs wants to use ‘google.com' to sign in, they use a Gmail account and my previously used Gmail accounts appear in the window, how can I delete previously used Gmail accounts ?

I put a screenshot.

Thanks in advance !

Manu

iPhone 13, iOS 16

Posted on Jun 3, 2023 9:11 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 3, 2023 9:59 PM

Here is a a general guide on how to remove saved Gmail accounts from your iPhone:

1. Removing Saved Accounts from Safari: If you’re using Safari to sign in and your accounts are saved there, you need to clear your browsing history and cookies. You can do this by going to Settings > Safari > Clear History and Website Data.

2. Removing Saved Accounts from Google or Gmail App: If you’re using the Google app or Gmail app, you can remove accounts by opening the app, tapping on your profile picture in the top right, and then tapping on “Manage accounts on this device”. From there, you can remove the accounts you no longer want to be listed.

3. Remove Google Account Data from iPhone: If you want to remove Google account information completely from your device, go to Settings > Mail > Accounts, select the Google account you want to delete, then tap “Delete Account” at the bottom.

Remember, these steps can erase some saved data, so ensure you have a backup of anything important.

7 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 3, 2023 9:59 PM in response to TheLittles

Here is a a general guide on how to remove saved Gmail accounts from your iPhone:

1. Removing Saved Accounts from Safari: If you’re using Safari to sign in and your accounts are saved there, you need to clear your browsing history and cookies. You can do this by going to Settings > Safari > Clear History and Website Data.

2. Removing Saved Accounts from Google or Gmail App: If you’re using the Google app or Gmail app, you can remove accounts by opening the app, tapping on your profile picture in the top right, and then tapping on “Manage accounts on this device”. From there, you can remove the accounts you no longer want to be listed.

3. Remove Google Account Data from iPhone: If you want to remove Google account information completely from your device, go to Settings > Mail > Accounts, select the Google account you want to delete, then tap “Delete Account” at the bottom.

Remember, these steps can erase some saved data, so ensure you have a backup of anything important.

Jun 3, 2023 9:17 PM in response to ManuFranceBeijing

ManuFranceBeijing Said:

"How to delete Gmail accounts informations: Hi, Some APPs wants to use ‘google.com' to sign in, they use a Gmail account and my previously used Gmail accounts appear in the window, how can I delete previously used Gmail accounts ? I put a screenshot. [...]Thanks in advance ! Manu"

-------

Thank you for the screenshot.

Remove these Apps:

Are you no longer using these apps? Do you have any concern for losing data? If not, then remove this Google app. If these were purchased through Apple, then only your Apple Account would then apply for logging in.

Jun 3, 2023 9:27 PM in response to TheLittles

When I delete an APP, it does not delete the Gmail accounts informations. If you delete the APP, and download another APP, the same pop-up window (with account.google.com) and the Gmail account informations will appear.

I searched in my gmail accounts, but found nothing.

Really, I don't know where in an Iphone, these informations could be deleted.

"Are you no longer using these apps? Do you have any concern for losing data? If not, then remove this Google app. If these were purchased through Apple, then only your Apple Account would then apply for logging in."

Jun 3, 2023 9:31 PM in response to ManuFranceBeijing

ManuFranceBeijing Said:

"How to delete Gmail accounts informations: When I delete an APP, it does not delete the Gmail accounts informations. If you delete the APP, and download another APP, the same pop-up window (with account.google.com) and the Gmail account informations will appear. I searched in my gmail accounts, but found nothing. Really, I don't know where in an Iphone, these informations could be deleted."

-------

Use the Correct eMail:

Did you close this gmail Account? Of not, then log into it, and change this to the account you are now using. Is that so tough?

Jun 3, 2023 9:44 PM in response to TheLittles

In the iPhone : I deleted the account information (Gmail APP and browser)

In the Gmail account : in the security section, I disconnected from the iphone, and I deleted the association of the applications to my Gmail account.

So, yes that's tough because the Gmail account informations (the ones that I previously used) still appears in my iPhone after I did that.

"Did you close this gmail Account? Of not, then log into it, and change this to the account you are now using. Is that so tough?"

How to delete Gmail accounts informations

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.