I want to add a new payment method with a new debit card but it won’t allow me to because there is my old card on there but I don’t have that card anymore to put the security code on there what should I do?

I wanted to add a new payment method but my old one is on there and I don’t remember the numbers and security code on the card because I don’t have that card any more what can I do?

iPhone 13 Pro Max, iOS 16

Posted on Jun 4, 2023 5:06 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 4, 2023 5:11 AM

See -> Add a payment method to your Apple ID

Add a payment method to your Apple ID – Apple Support (UK)

• If you want to change your card, you need to add first the new card, then remove the old card.

See also -> Payment methods you can use with your Apple ID

Payment methods you can use with your Apple ID – Apple Support (UK)

fyi: Not all credit & debit cards seem to work with App Store / iTunes Store, try a different one, or preferably a credit card. If your card is not accepted as a paymenf method, you need to contact your bank.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 4, 2023 5:11 AM in response to annamarie102

See -> Add a payment method to your Apple ID

• If you want to change your card, you need to add first the new card, then remove the old card.

See also -> Payment methods you can use with your Apple ID

Payment methods you can use with your Apple ID – Apple Support (UK)

fyi: Not all credit & debit cards seem to work with App Store / iTunes Store, try a different one, or preferably a credit card. If your card is not accepted as a paymenf method, you need to contact your bank.

Jun 4, 2023 5:25 AM in response to annamarie102

You can do that as posted, see -> Add a payment method to your Apple ID

or

Sign in to your Apple ID account page and edit / update your Apple ID details -> https://appleid.apple.com                                                     

• On the Sidebar click Payment methods -> then tap Payments Methods and tap Manage payment method.

I want to add a new payment method with a new debit card but it won’t allow me to because there is my old card on there but I don’t have that card anymore to put the security code on there what should I do?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.