Apple Notes + Google Keep not syncing

I followed the proper instructions to make "Google Notes" sync to Apple Note by enabling the gmail account and turning on 'sync notes' in that account in the iOS settings. I checked many sources, some of which I will leave links to below. They all have the same instructions and I followed them perfectly. I can see the gmail account in my Apple Notes app but none of my Google Keep notes are syncing to the device and when I create a new note either in Keep or in Apple Notes (in the Google account) neither of them will sync to each other. I did all the standard update app, update device, reboot, install, reinstall etc. I can not figure out why I can't get it to work. After perusing a lot of forums I noticed that this problem is quite common; there are literally thousands of users with the same problem, going back as far as 5 years at least so it seems to be an ongoing issue. Also, I first posted this in a Google Keep support forum and a Google "Platinum Product Expert" replied back saying that the problem is on Apple's side and that I should post here for a solution. Perhaps he's dealt with this before...? Any ideas?

(FYI I wanted to select Apple Notes as the topic but it was not in the list so the most similar topic is iCloud so I chose that)

iPad Air (5th generation)

Posted on Jun 4, 2023 8:06 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 18, 2023 11:06 PM

Same here! I got a new job, trying to implement Google workflow on devices, Keep doesn’t sync with Notes.

Similar questions

3 replies

Apr 19, 2024 7:02 AM in response to gr8n8tron

I tried replying to your post, commenting that it was good insight and also giving legit feedback that mentioned why I could not use Apple Notes any more due to the fact that because of variables beyond my control I need a notes app that syncs across various operating systems but I got an email from Apple saying that my post was removed "because it contained either feedback or a feature request that was not constructive" but I disagree with that. My post simply explained why I need a notes app that syncs, which is very legitimate and it was not worded in a negative way. Contrary to Apple's view that my post was not constructive, I think it is constructive when a user gives legitimate feedback explaining why certain requested features are required in their use case in order to keep using the app. After carefully re-reading my original post I can not see anything in it that is not constructive, nor in this new one.

Apr 19, 2024 6:33 AM in response to RWforumID777

It appears on my end, using Google Workspace, that Keep will not sync. Your notes will end up as an email or if creating folders in Notes, a folder in Gmail with the notes underneath. Also important to note (pun intended) that hyperlinks created in notes are removed when synching to google unless created on an IOS device. Notes sync on mac hyperlinks are removed.

Apple Notes + Google Keep not syncing

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.