Activity Rings not updating on watch face. After update on Apple Watch, my activity rings will not update on watch face.

After update on Apple Watch, my activity rings will not update on watch face. I can go on the activity app and see progress. My stand ring however, will not update at all. I have restarted both watch/phone and ensured all settings are correct.

Posted on Jun 4, 2023 8:58 AM

2 replies

Jun 6, 2023 2:08 PM in response to chip1117

Hi chip1117,

Given the steps you've taken, have you also changed the Apple Watch face and then change it back to your preferred one?

"Choose a different watch face

• Swipe edge to edge across the watch face to see other faces in your collection.
  • To see all available watch faces, touch and hold the watch face, swipe to the one you want, then tap it.

When you touch and hold the watch face, you see the current watch face with Share and Edit buttons at the bottom. The name of the watch face is at the top. Swipe left or right to see other watch face options. Tap a complication to add the features you want.

"

Also, to confirm this is specifically on your Apple Watch face, correct? In the Activity app, all rings including the Stand one update as expected?

Let us know and we'll continue based on those details.

Take care.

Nov 10, 2023 1:46 PM in response to DerekM87

I'm having this same issue. Came back to Apple Watch after a year with FitBit (hated it) and now my activity rings won't show up on the face I selected. Also, trying to put the "workout" complication in the upper left and it won't show up. Both of these are displayed on my phone and I have pressed "set as current watch face" numerous times; changed watch face and changed it back... it's just not working correctly at all. Frustrated.

Activity Rings not updating on watch face. After update on Apple Watch, my activity rings will not update on watch face.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.